want to get up and running with Evohome

Pop your questions regarding Home automation Domotica hardware here.....
stuiow
Starting Member
Starting Member

want to get up and running with Evohome

Post by stuiow »

Hi all,

I want to start logging and controlling my Evohome system (with rad valves and DHW) using Domoticz.
Can anyone suggest what hardware I will require to do this.- mainly need a suggestion on what method of communicating with Evohome for MOST control and compatibility.
I have the colour screen Evohome system and I run a Qnap NAS running virtualization running windows 10 currently. I could run something else if required, or I could simply run a spare raspberry Pi :-)
Thanks all,

Stuart
stuiow
Starting Member
Starting Member

Re: want to get up and running with Evohome

Post by stuiow »

OK, further to my query, I have just order a Honeywell HGI80 to interface with the Honeywell Evohome system.
I will look further into a system next to connect it to, hoping my QNAP virtualisation station will work nicely with my idea there, saves the hassle of more cables/power adapters of a raspberry Pi.
mschut
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by mschut »

Any further development? I am using Domoticz on a Pi with a HGI80 with my evohome. So far I am able to see the radiator valves and Control the main setting of the evohome touch. But I am still missing some functinalities I was hoping for.
The more experience, The beter.
Verstuurd vanaf mijn JY-G4 met Tapatalk
Synology DS213+ / Domoticz / RFX Transceiver-e
stuiow
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by stuiow »

I was up and running using the windows application with the HGI80, but now moved over to a Raspberry Pi with the same HGI80.
I can see all sensors, I have the outside temp being displayed on the Evohome console and I can control the temperatures on each valve.
There are a few little niggle I have like applying some of the quick actions don't appear to work.
I was hoping for more control over the rad valves and the control valves as well, but I don't think that will be possible, I doubt Evohome console will give over such control.
But i'm fairly happy so far, I will certainly add more to this system when money allows,
mschut
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by mschut »

How do you manage to control the temperature on each radiator? I am only able to control the main unit. If I am changing the temperaturen temporarily on 1 radiator/zone, i doesn't stick so to speak. It turns back to the normal program the next time it syncs.

I was hoping I could set the setpoint with blocky or so, but am not able now. Would be nice to be able to interact with other sensors (bathroom too moist, increase temp, movement seen, thermostat up, etc). Or even better, monitoring which device is in the house to switch the room of this person on/off.
Synology DS213+ / Domoticz / RFX Transceiver-e
DanD
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by DanD »

I know this is a really old post, but if you're still around I wondered if you ever succeeded in getting your HGI80 work? There've been a few updates to the Domoticz Evohome code over the last few months to correct some bugs and add further functionality. I've been helping with the code development and I'd be interested in what you think of the current Domoticz beta?

Dan

Return to “Questions & Discussions Forum”