Robomow

Pop your questions regarding Home automation Domotica hardware here.....
Dylantje

Robomow

Post by Dylantje »

Best ...
Is there anyone who has been working in robotic mower Domoticz?
I'm going to buy a mower RC304.
http://robomow.com/nl-NL/shop/mowers/rc-304/
Have already found something on the Web:
https://github.com/lforet/robomow
Only I do not understand much of it ...
vincenttor

Re: Robomow

Post by vincenttor »

We have 2 of these mowers,
and they are the biggest pieces of &#$% there almost exist.

Before we have used a mower from electrolux , this used the small sort razorblade type of knifes to cut the grass.
This worked , sometimes an error or two that the mower stopped or jammed.

Since we the lawn is not totally flat because of moles the new mowers stopped all the time, the design is not very good.
Got 1 front nose wheel that went into a small hole in the grass and resulting in jamming, trying to push out of the hole with result in digging itself into the ground.
Then the battery drained and you had to pick it up again put in the docking station.

The blade is one thing thats better, and they got enough power but, we did not get any help from the importer, this woman was full off nothing.
So we had 2 machines that cost allot of money and did not work.
We decided since we could not return them to modify them ourself, by making 2 front nose wheels instead of 1 , so that when there is a little hole or crater it does not get jammed right away.
This looked like it work but it started to steer to the left always, later i put long screws in the tires , so they worked as traction pins/spikes and suddenly the mower worked pretty good but still the problem of steering to 1 side.

So there we have it, wrecked a mower, 1 almost new one that did not worked( of course we tried to sell them on Internet and to the dealer but the €€€ they offered was a kick in the nuts)
Then the Bluetooth connect, i guess this is what you are after.

Well, the application was at that time not even available for Anroid, they advertised with it but it took several months before something was there and "working"
When the app came in in the playstore you needed a type of phone because the older phones it did not support, probably because of an older bluetooth version.
I used my sister her phone,(iphone) and i could login , it did not worked very good, could control the mower by driving with the steering part but when i wanted to go in the menu for settings and suchs it always says can not retrieve information check connection...

The range however is pretty good, the garden at the back here is 20 x 12 meters and from inside the house i could drive with it over the field sitting inside.
After having still 2 not wrking machines my dad tried it once more on there facebook page,
suddenly he got mail from someone in the company that is allot more helpfull and the guy came over.

He told us they had some problems with the model, they did modifications, wider rear wheels for more traction, changes in the firmware/software, and later on it seemed that there are 2 motors that where driving the rear wheels.
At our mowers from both models the motors died ???? how is this possible since they haven't done much work in there short career ( 2/3 months).

They do work now, still have many times that it gets stuck and we need to pick it up , place into the dock.
If your garden is totally flat, you can have a go with them.
But when its a bumpy ride here and there, you can probably better go for a different type.
PS.the guy from support has been great replacing parts for free, but still the experience with the machines is far from good.
O and still the android app is not working, the steering is but the settings panel isn't.
Setting this more the time etc is not very easy with the numerical LEDs , you have to keep the manual next to it to see what you are doing and whats happening, with the older mower three was a simple screen that showed you trough the menu and after 5 minutes everything was set.
Also there are allot of errors displaying on the robomowers, each time different onces an some of them aren't even described in the manual.
AshaiRey

Post by AshaiRey »

So, that was a lot of frustration.
Just throw it all out and you will be fine.. :D
Thx for the warning
Bram
Dylantje

Post by Dylantje »

Thanks for the great explane....

My garden is flat like a highway....
The BT option is a waf factor only no prio..

When my garden is flat you say buy..
So the mower is then a go?
vincenttor

Post by vincenttor »

Well , when we flattened the garden it worked for a while.
Until there were some holes and steep sides , it crashed all the time.
After the modification its much better but still not the same as our first mower that we did not have to lift up and place in the docking station.

If they drive, they do a good job , probably when its flat you will have less problems with them.
I would never consider buying them again.
Also, they do wake me up when it starts in the night, the other mower didn't make much noise.
Its a bit annoying if your reading a book and sitting in the garden, also the memory of the robot is not much when the battery died.
Drive at night you think ? this is caused by a crashed mower, after setting it back in his dock it does not now what day and time it is anymore, so it starts mowing let's say sunday night at 3.00 because it thinks it is monday 9.00

For the money, its an OK for the rest its not much special.
But maybe we are spoiled with the other mower we owned for several years.

Return to “Questions & Discussions Forum”