CO2 Sensors

Pop your questions regarding Home automation Domotica hardware here.....
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Re: CO2 Sensors

Post by Bwired »

the left is dimmed, not a sharp picture, but the small in the middle is the co2 reading
the letters left top is a small bug which will be solved by Vlad, so will disappear later
IMG_0096.jpg
IMG_0096.jpg (23.65 KiB) Viewed 13650 times
Edwin2008
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Edwin2008 »

Looks good.
** edwin **
psmaaswinkel

Post by psmaaswinkel »

vlast3k wrote: For those that do not want display and LEDs, but only the Sensor and Wifi - I am planning a new version (maybe in 3 weeks from now), that will be a small box, with a status led - that submits the CO2 Value to your server. It will be only available with the higher precision sensor (NDIR) and cost will be 60 eur, for the forum i will sell it for 55 eur
Is it possible to buy this version without the casing? I would love to use these for my ventilation system.
Starting Member

Post by niclasf »

Here is my variant if you want to have a NDIR sensor without display that talks directly to your RFXtrx433(E).
foogadgets.tictail.com/product/wireless ... sensor-mk3

It can also at the same time measure humidity and also at the same time handle a 1-wire bus with more than 30 sensors on a 70 meter bus. All connected sensors will show up in Domoticz.

So far i have tested the S8 co2-sensor fr.o.m. SenseAir, but it is very likely to work also with this, http://s.aliexpress.com/aieu6rUb MH-Z19, since it has the same output.

Just saying... There are alternatives ...

/Niclas

Sent using Tapatalk
niclasf
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by niclasf »

niclasf wrote:... , but it is very likely to work also with this, http://s.aliexpress.com/aieu6rUb MH-Z19, since it has the same output.
Now implemented and verified to work with the WMS mk3.

EDIT: Removed incorrect information from post.
Last edited by niclasf on Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vincenttor

Post by vincenttor »

Those wireless boards you can use to make a very nice weather station with all the options to connect sensors.
I have looked into these in the past but found them quite expensive if you needed about 20 sensors, but still very nice if you need 1 or 2 and like to DIY ;)
Thanks for the share

But the sensors the TS is offering looks very nice as well !
richard naninck

Post by richard naninck »

vlast3k wrote:In addition, as I already mentioned - i am currently evaluating an NDIR Sensor with better prececision (+- 5%). The existing is rated +-15%.
I suppose that i will be ready with this in one week. It will cost 15 eur additionally (70 eur (Wifi), 80 eur (Wifi + Display))

For those that do not want display and LEDs, but only the Sensor and Wifi - I am planning a new version (maybe in 3 weeks from now), that will be a small box, with a status led - that submits the CO2 Value to your server. It will be only available with the higher precision sensor (NDIR) and cost will be 60 eur, for the forum i will sell it for 55 eur
Subscribed to this thread because also interested in the above product and will want to buy one or two (to start with) once available.
vlast3k
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by vlast3k »

For some reason i stopped receiving notifications that there were new posts, sorry.
Thank you all for the interest. I appreciate it!
I did some further tests with the NDIR sensor and it works quite well. I had to change a bit my PCB design though and order new ones. I expect them to arrive arrive around 10.Feb. The i need a couple of days to assemble them. And then i shall be able to post the devices ~12.Feb and it takes 4-5 days to EU.

It would be great if those of you who are interested could send me a PM, to tell me which option you would like to get and the address. I will use the time until then to print the enclosures.
(for payment i prefer paypal, but only when i am ready to send them)
vlast3k
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by vlast3k »

psmaaswinkel wrote:Is it possible to buy this version without the casing? I would love to use these for my ventilation system.
It is possible, in fact i will be able to sell it sooner, because i will need more time to design the enclosure. Unfortunately i cannot reduce the price too much, as i am anyway printing them on my printer so it is pretty cheap.
But i can sell it for 54 eur.

I plan to make the design of the PCB and order it this weekend, so i believe i will be able to send it with the other devices (~13.Feb).
The size will be around 35x35x20 mm (20 mm height) and again powered via USB.

If you (or anybody else) has special demands for this version - now is the time to request them, so i can incorporate them into the design :)
psmaaswinkel

Post by psmaaswinkel »

vlast3k wrote:If you (or anybody else) has special demands for this version - now is the time to request them, so i can incorporate them into the design :)
In that case, you can put me on the list for an initial order of 2. Don't forget the mounting holes on the PCB and the possibility of a custom server url so I can reuse my current database insert script. ;-)

Regards,
Administrator

Post by Bwired »

Hi Vlad,
As a powersupply is needed it would be great if you could include the Mqtt protocol
so 2 options, send with http or Mqtt
also options as send only when value is changed, and a heartbeat option
richard naninck

Post by richard naninck »

Are firmware updates possible?
vlast3k
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by vlast3k »

richard naninck wrote:Are firmware updates possible?
yes.. there are two firmware parts.. one is updated via serial port.. that controls the display, leds and triggers the data sending

the other is updated over the air.. and it controls the wifi capabilities.. custom servers .. mqtt (coming soon)

both are open source and written on c++
vlast3k
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by vlast3k »

Bwired wrote:Hi Vlad,
As a powersupply is needed it would be great if you could include the Mqtt protocol
so 2 options, send with http or Mqtt
also options as send only when value is changed, and a heartbeat option
yeah.. right this things I will try to add next week
vlast3k
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by vlast3k »

Just a short update, how the device box will look like (for the one with just wifi and ndir sensor, and no oled Gauge)
20160131_125309.jpg
20160131_125309.jpg (172.42 KiB) Viewed 12795 times

The dimensions are ~ 57x57x28 mm
In addition there will be one button on the top (in a future fw update it will do something, for now i believe nothing)

Return to “Questions & Discussions Forum”