Ring Video Doorbell Pro 8Volt

Pop your questions regarding Home automation Domotica hardware here.....
SKortekaas
Starting Member
Starting Member

Ring Video Doorbell Pro 8Volt

Post by SKortekaas »

**Dutch version down below**

I'm not sure if this is the right place for this. But if it is not ok please let me know. I'm new to this forum and domotica.

I have a technical installation question about the Ring Video Doorbell Pro. It's about the installation of the doorbell. The manual says you need a 16Volt power supply but that is not common here in The Netherlands. I have 8 Volt 'beltrafo' in my meter cupboard(?). I found on the Ring support site an article about the EU Power Kit. I have contacted Ring.com and they said they will send the EU Power Kit with the Ring Video Doorbell Pro. But I can't really figure out how to attach that EU Power Kit. I have asked Ring.com support with the same question but I don't have an answer after 1,5 week. So maybe some of you experts know how to attach it.

The instructions of ring.com are as follows:
  1. Remove the cover from your home doorbell.
  2. Loosen the terminal screw for the wire labeled Front. Open the orange lever on the wire clip and insert this wire, snapping the orange lever down to secure the wire. The red wire we supplied you with should be in the other side of the wire clip.
  3. Repeat for the transformer wire on the other end. The final arrangement should look like this:
  4. Finally replace the cover on your doorbell.
  5. Finish up installing your Ring Pro outside following the normal instructions. When finished, turn on the power at the circuit breaker. If this is your first time setting up your Ring Pro, you should hear a voice prompt start to gently guide you through the installation. Make sure you have the Ring app downloaded and start the in-app wifi setup for the Ring Pro.
At my place it doesn't look the same. That is where the question comes in. How to set it up. At my place it looks like this:

Meter cupboard(?):

Connection at the meter cupboard:

The electrical schematic. I'm not an hero in this so maybe this isn't even accurate but this is what I could make of it:

Can somebody please tell me how to install the EU Power Kit. I think it has to be this way:
I don't know if I understood it correctly or terribly wrong. Maybe some of you guys see the solution right away? You guys and girls off course have probably more knowledge about this than me.

------------------------DUTCH VERSION-------------------------------

Ik weet niet zeker of dit de juiste plek is om te plaatsen. Als dit niet de juiste plek is geen probleem als het wordt verwijderd.

Ik heb een technische installatie vraag over de Ring Video Doorbell Pro. Het gaat over het aansluiten van de deurbel. Deze werkt op 16V wat ik heb kunnen vinden in de handleiding maar dat is niet heel gewoon hier in Nederland. Thuis heb ik een 8V beltrafo in de meterkast zitten. Nu heb ik op de website van Ring een artikel gevonden over de EU Power Kit. Deze Power Kit wordt geleverd aan alle EU klanten, heb het geverifieerd bij de helpdesk en deze kit krijg ik er ook bij. Maar ik kom er niet helemaal uit hoe ik hem nu moet installeren. Ik heb precies dezelfde vraag die ik hier stel ook aan de support afdeling van Ring gevraagd maar tot op heden (1,5 week) nog geen antwoord op gehad vandaar dat ik het hier vraag.

De instructies van Ring zijn als volgt:
  1. Remove the cover from your home doorbell.
  2. Loosen the terminal screw for the wire labeled Front. Open the orange lever on the wire clip and insert this wire, snapping the orange lever down to secure the wire. The red wire we supplied you with should be in the other side of the wire clip.
  3. Repeat for the transformer wire on the other end. The final arrangement should look like this:
  4. Finally replace the cover on your doorbell.
  5. Finish up installing your Ring Pro outside following the normal instructions. When finished, turn on the power at the circuit breaker. If this is your first time setting up your Ring Pro, you should hear a voice prompt start to gently guide you through the installation. Make sure you have the Ring app downloaded and start the in-app wifi setup for the Ring Pro.
Nu zou mijn vraag er niet zijn als het er bij mij thuis hetzelfde uit zou zien. Ik heb een klein beetje verstand van elektrische schakeling, maar ook niet heel super veel. Mijn situatie thuis is al volgt:

Meterkast:

De aansluiting bij de meterkast:

De elektrische schakeling. Zoals eerder gezegd ik ben hier geen held in dus het kan zijn dat het verkeerd staat. Maar dit is wat ik er vanuit op kon maken:

Kan iemand mij vertellen waar de aansluiting van de EU power kit precies moet? Ik denk zelf dit:
Ik weet niet of ik de installatie instructie nu goed heb begrepen of totaal verkeerd. Iemand die er meer verstand van heeft dan ik ziet het mogelijk direct, alleen ik niet.
raymonvdm

Re: Ring Video Doorbell Pro 8Volt

Post by raymonvdm »

This cicuit is correct

The second circuit is not !!

The EU Powerkit seems to be a way of connecting both terminals of the chime using a unknown item (it looks like a fuse holder to me) to bypass the chime completely. There are no longer any wires connected to the chime when u are done

As you can see in this picture

I think in this way the RING gets 8Volt. But you might send us a picture form the inside of the "EU Powerkit"

Where the battery is your adapter
Where the lamp is your EU PowerKit
Where the switch is your RING

I also found this instruction but it is for 16V

Running HS3PRO on PC with Z-Wave / OpenTherm / Plugwise / RFXcom / MQTT / XAP400 / Logitech Media Server and Squeezelite on PI`s
SKortekaas
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by SKortekaas »

I was thinking I could use my own ringer for this setup but that is not possible. That's why I didn't understand the schematic. It seems my own chime will not work in this setup.
This setup is designed to bypass the chime kit completely which means that the chime kit will not ring when the Pro is triggered.
So now I understand it. The original chime will be "cut out" and I have to order the Ring.com Chime if I want a sound in house.
raymonvdm

Post by raymonvdm »

Yes indeed. Or you need to find a 16v powersupply and 16v ringer
Running HS3PRO on PC with Z-Wave / OpenTherm / Plugwise / RFXcom / MQTT / XAP400 / Logitech Media Server and Squeezelite on PI`s

Return to “Questions & Discussions Forum”