ESP8266-01

Pop your questions regarding Home automation Domotica hardware here.....
AshaiRey

ESP8266-01

Post by AshaiRey »

I am tried to get things working with an ESp8266-01 1Mb version (black PCB) to put ESPEasy on it.
However i have much much trouble to get it to work. I've flashed the chip about 30 times now and only ounce succeeded to get ESPEasy on it but after an reboot i could not connect to it any more.

What have i tried this far.
I tried several flash circuits, with and without flash and reset buttons.
I use a FTDI adapter but i power the ESP8266-01 with and external 3.3V 1A power source. I monitor the voltage throughout the process and it isn't dropping below 3.3V at any time. I tried to flash with the ESPEasy firmware tool using the 512, 1024 or the 4096 bin files and via the Arduino IDE 1.6.8
Flashing seems to go oke because the LEDS flashes while writing but after a reset i only get garbage in the serial monitor, no ESP-01 or any other AP could be found. I also tried out the MiniESPEsy version but also no success.

As said i was only able to get the ESPEasy config page in my browser but after a reboot it didn't came up again.

Any help or advice will be highly appreciated on this.
Bram
AshaiRey

Re: ESP8266-01

Post by AshaiRey »

Oke, i've found a page that had a DIY ESP flasher on it. I build that one after i corrected some mistakes such as the images where mirrored and the ESP socket was on the wrong side of the board. MiniESPEasy now loads on the device. The Arduino IDE tells me that the upload is failed but according to me that is due the fact that TX and RX are re-purposed after the flash. Anyway, i have a working device now with MiniESPEasy on it that kept working after a few reboots.
Bram

Return to “Questions & Discussions Forum”