IP enabled thermostat controls in the Netherlands

Pop your questions regarding Home automation Domotica hardware here.....
Kennetht
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Kennetht »

I'm in the process of buying a new heater (HR-Ketel - Brand: Vaillant Type: Solide 30-34c).

I want(almost need) to control this unit remotely.
As I'm completely new to home automation and heaters, I'm lookingfor some advise.
As a reference I would like to mention the Bayweb Webthermostat. (Bayweb)

As an additional feature this thermostat has multiple input sensor ports, so I could monitor some other items besides the temperature.
It is only supported in the USA.

My main question is, what unit is working for this heater. I need to replace my standard thermostat anyways for a "modulating" unit.
Side question: Are there control units that also support controlling doors/switches like X10?

Can I count on you for some help in finding the right solution?

Kenneth Tan
http://www.KennethTan.nl
spierie

Re: IP enabled thermostat controls in the Netherlands

Post by spierie »

Hi Kenneth,

Looking at the Bayweb solution I see a few problems, as far as I can see it is only Fahrenheit (not suitable for Dutch market) and secondly it works with subscription fees, which I personally really don't like.

I also wouldn't do a thermostat which controls more then temperature in my house. In my opinion it is better to have the complete control somewhere else, like in a domotica PC.

Some of the forum members here use the Proliphix NT20e, which is an IP thermostat.

Rgds,
Michel.
Verkenner

Post by Verkenner »

This is a nice internet thermostaat.

http://www.deweerd-emst.nl/catalog/prod ... cadd7af70e

(I have no commercial benefits)

Verkenner
Best regards, Verkenner
Bastiaan

Post by Bastiaan »

I am using the HAI Omnistat 2000 with a RS232 to IP adapter and it works well. http://www.homeauto.com/Products/Omnist ... oducts.asp
After a firmware update most of the issues I had before, are solved.
Still if there would be a good Zwave system I would prefer that. The whole conversion from RS232/IP/RS232 is not the strongest and the Homeseer plugin is outdated.
dirkr
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by dirkr »

I have already more than 2 years a BayWeb thermostat, I brought it from the U.S. and it works fine in Europe. The installation is really easy, and the online support is OK. On the dashboard is standard temperature in Fahrenheit, but this can be changed to degrees Celsius.

Return to “Questions & Discussions Forum”