K8055 Usable for . . . .

Pop your questions regarding Home automation Domotica hardware here.....
raymonvdm

K8055 Usable for . . . .

Post by raymonvdm »

I would like to automate my front door bell to interface with domotiga but i`m not shure what i`m reading. (Digital means 0 or 5v and analog means 0 till 5 v in staps of X ?)

I thought of bying the Velleman K8055 module and connect the bell switch to it to see if somone is pressing the button ( normal switch act as a digital input doesn`t it ? ) after i achieved that i would like to connect an output of the velleman kit to a relay witch switches the actual bell modules ( to make the noice) ( digital output for the relay ?)
Running HS3PRO on PC with Z-Wave / OpenTherm / Plugwise / RFXcom / MQTT / XAP400 / Logitech Media Server and Squeezelite on PI`s
RDNZL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: K8055 Usable for . . . .

Post by RDNZL »

Simply read the manual...velleman.eu/downloads/0/illustrated/ill ... k_rev3.pdf
Look at page 19, you can just connect your doorbell button between GND and one of the five digital inputs, it goes from high to low when pressed.
Also shown is howto connect a relays to control your doorbell gong.
You just have to test if it works without polling for input status changes, otherwise it's not handy for a doorbell.
Regards, Ron.
raymonvdm

Post by raymonvdm »

I noticed that you have build support for it but do you also use the device in your own network ?

http://www.domotiga.nl/projects/domotiga/wiki/K8055 but i don`t see it in use http://www.domotiga.nl/projects/domotig ... Setup_Pics
Running HS3PRO on PC with Z-Wave / OpenTherm / Plugwise / RFXcom / MQTT / XAP400 / Logitech Media Server and Squeezelite on PI`s
RDNZL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by RDNZL »

That setup picture is very old, I moved to another house in another city since then, got married... well you can guess the rest :)
I don't use the board myself, two or three users do, one of them wrote the K8055 module for DomotiGa..
Regards, Ron.
BreFra
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by BreFra »

I'm using the k8055 and wrote the module.
Using the k8055 the same way for the doorbell should be possible as Ron pointed out already. Actually you bring me on an idea to integrate the doorbell into domotiga too. As soon I've got some time I'll give it a try and let you know how I've done it.

Currently i'm only using the k8055 to count the flashes of the powermeter using a simple photodiode connected between digital input port 1 and the GND, which electronically closes the connection between them when the meterlight flashes.

As the k8055 has an internal counter for the first two digital inputs this way it's possible to measure the number of flashes.
The first value of the device shows the state of the port "On" (= testbutton pushed = port electronically connected to GND) "Off" (= testbutton released = port electronically disconnected from GND)
The second value (only for the first two ports) in domotiga shows the counter value, i.e. the number of times the port has been changed state since last reset.
Fyi, It's possible to reset the counter from domotiga by setting the digital input port to "reset" from i.e. an event action.

Return to “Questions & Discussions Forum”