Reed contact to Homeseer: How?

Pop your questions regarding Home automation Domotica hardware here.....
Art
Starting Member
Starting Member

Reed contact to Homeseer: How?

Post by Art »

We are remodeling the whole house this spring, which presents an opportunity to run new cable conduits throughout and use wired contacts on doors and windows. Aside from the security system I have ideas for lots of other applications where reed contacts could be applied to generate domotics events :-) I can't however think of an easy way to announce the physical opening or closing of a contact to Homeseer. Routing it through a Visonic security system or an Everspring SM103 seems an expensive way to go about it, especially if we end up with dozens of contacts. Soldering stuff myself or building something on Arduino is too difficult for me, frankly. Aren't there any off-the-shelf products available that can achieve this?

Art
leo

Re: Reed contact to Homeseer: How?

Post by leo »

Art, ik maak zelf gebruik van een Velleman K8061 USB interface board (€129 bij Conrad). Je kan hier 32 in en/of uitgangen (analoog en digitaal - ook reedcontacten) mee controleren via Homeseer. Ik gebruik 'm om te kijken of mijn deuren en ramen op of dicht zijn en ik heb onder mijn deurmat en zg contactmat liggen om te kijken of iemand naar buiten gaat of binnen komt (i.c.m. een reedcontact in de voordeur) .Mikael Wijnen heeft er een plug in voor geschreven die je via zijn site kan downloaden. Er staan diverse topics op het forum over dit interfaceboard en het werkt goed.

vr.gr. Leo
DJF3
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Re: Reed contact to Homeseer: How?

Post by DJF3 »

Smart, the doormat contact... I might get something similar..

Return to “Questions & Discussions Forum”