Perilex socket and ventilation system

Pop your questions regarding Home automation Domotica hardware here.....
payorision
Starting Member
Starting Member

Perilex socket and ventilation system

Post by payorision »

Hello domotica gurus,

I wasn´t certain about where to put this question so here it is in the beginners forum.
I have a mechanic ventilation system with a perilex plug (5 pins) and a switch with 3 positions (1, 2 and 3). I’d like to have a switch with also 0 so I can switch off completely the ventilation. Other alternative is to have a regular switch between the ventilation system and the walls socket (like a light switch) so I can turn it off.
I´ve been told to do the following:
Remove Brown wire (L1) from the socket and leave it off. Then connect L2 with L1.
Turned out that the brown wire wasn´t L1 but L3 so I´m not sure how and what do I have to do.... Can you help me to understand it?

Thanks a lot
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Perilex socket and ventilation system

Post by Bwired »

check this
http://www.domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.p ... =30#p35484
you can connect any Brown (Lx) cable against the Blue(N) you will see the ventilator starts running (slow, medium or fast)
payorision
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by payorision »

Thanks for your quick response Bwired.
I´ve already seen that post, however is not matching my tests. The wall socket have some labels and the pins are placed in different way than in that diagram, also the device plug have labeled the numbers and are matching the wall socket but not the diagram.
What I´ve tried was to remove L1 and I saw that the ventilation was on both at positions 1 and 2 at minimun speed. I´ve also tried the same with L3 and the result was the same.
I want to have OFF plus 2 speeds so I wanted to remove one of the speeds but didn´t work for me. I´m probably doing something wrong.
This is the email I´ve received regarding this issue:
You must take the Brown wire (L1) off in the perilex plug.
Then you connect L2 with L1

What do you think?
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Bwired »

Whats the brand of the vent?
Otherwise try, cant go wrong that much :)
raymonvdm

Post by raymonvdm »

I think we have the same ventilation (ITHO?) in my case the brown is always on and the black is switched. The ventilator however is only running when the black is powered so i only have speed (3). The unit is on the attic and the switch is in the kitchen. I replaced the kitchen switch with a DUWI switch and now i can switch ventilation using Z-Wave

On my perilex connector there is a label with connection information. There is also a label on the inside of the unit after removing the blue cover (

Picture found on google

Sorry for the bad quality but i should give you an idea on what kind of label should be there

A picture of my pirelex wall socket

I would try to make some beter pictures with my new phone
Running HS3PRO on PC with Z-Wave / OpenTherm / Plugwise / RFXcom / MQTT / XAP400 / Logitech Media Server and Squeezelite on PI`s
Niels

Post by Niels »

Please be very carefull with totally turning off the unit. From a health perspective it's not without a reason that's there normally no "off" switch.
payorision
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by payorision »

Thanks a lot for sharing your ideas. Currently after play a bit with the cabling I've managed to get only Off or 3 speed. Which is not bad cause I can use it when i need it and keep it off the rest of the time.
Regarding health issues, can you please provide any source of that?. I can't think off a reason to have this kind of ventilation system always on. This ventilation system is the most stupid thing you can have in a house. Is not measuring humidity or air quality, temperature, etc, so if you are not using it properly is even unhealthy. try to keep humidity to the recommended levels (50-55%) with this kind of system always on.... That's actually one of the reasons why I want to have a more smart system, but inn the meantime at least the ability to turn it off. I appreciate anyhow your input. The more information we have, the more smart decisions we take :D
raymonvdm

Post by raymonvdm »

I later discovered that my unit is indeed running on speed 1 when the switch is idle. And i`m switching speed 3 using a Duwi switch
Running HS3PRO on PC with Z-Wave / OpenTherm / Plugwise / RFXcom / MQTT / XAP400 / Logitech Media Server and Squeezelite on PI`s
Post-IT

Post by Post-IT »

As an alternative... I've used a switch and the 3-position switch together. As I only use low or high setting on the fan (normal or shower) I have the 3-pos on 3/high by default and have the switch controlled by my domotica triggers.

On the ITHO:
N= blue
L1= brown (constant on)
L2 + L3 go to the 3-pos switch

My 3-pos switch is fed by an external switch (X10, Duwi, KNX, whatever).

When the switch is off (and the 3-pos in any position): the fan is on low
When the switch is on and 3-pos is on 2/medium: the fan is on medium
When the switch is on and 3-pos is on 3/high: the fan is on high

1/low on the 3-pos does not have a function in this setup, it is the same as switch off, and results in low.

If you never use the medium setting, this might be the way to spare an extra switch.

P.S. Don't forget to adjust the potmeters according to your needed airflow within the first hour of turning the fan on. I noticed the low setting was not letting through air enough for my setup, and I needed more airflow in the high setting to keep the moist out of the bathroom while the shower was on. Details on this are in the manual.
vanisher

Post by vanisher »

I'm busy converting my itho to an itho which is capable of some domotica intelligence.
I use a fibaro 2x1,5 switch for this purpose.. with O1 i want to controll high speed, with O2 on / off.. So basicly the middle speed is not working anymore (not needed anyway).
I have one 'flaw' in the system.. should i disable the original 3-way switch?
Post-IT

Post by Post-IT »

It might be possible with multiple "staircase" setups (one for each speed), but if you don't have the need for the original 3-way switch I would suggest you take it out. You can always replace it with a pulse switch which instead controls the new way. i.e. button 1 for low speed, button 2 for high speed, button 3 for highspeed next 30 min.

I left it in the setup to control the "extra" speed setting as discussed above.
vanisher

Post by vanisher »

Thanks! I just removed the 3-way switch since I want to control ventilation with an Everspring S814.. theoretically that should work.. only the assocations are not friends with me i guess.

Return to “Questions & Discussions Forum”