Alternative for Qees power strip?

Pop your questions regarding Home automation Domotica hardware here.....
vanisher

Re: Alternative for Qees power strip?

Post by vanisher »

Any more experiences? Is polling still needed?
raymonvdm

Post by raymonvdm »

I bought a single smartplug and the 6 port smartplug and i`m polling it every minute from within Domotiga ( which is polling al my Measurment Z-Wave devices)
Running HS3PRO on PC with Z-Wave / OpenTherm / Plugwise / RFXcom / MQTT / XAP400 / Logitech Media Server and Squeezelite on PI`s
stickman
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by stickman »

Any more News on this device?

Did anyone get it to read power from each single power outlet?

Is nuonenergiewinkel.nl the only place to get in Europe?
vanisher

Post by vanisher »

Power readings from every socket is working fine in Homeseer, accumulated power per socket also. Accumulated power for all sockets is not working like it should.
raymonvdm

Post by raymonvdm »

How are you using this device in HomeSeer. I`m trying to poll them all but it seems to fail most of the time
Running HS3PRO on PC with Z-Wave / OpenTherm / Plugwise / RFXcom / MQTT / XAP400 / Logitech Media Server and Squeezelite on PI`s
structor

Post by structor »

Any word on the powerreadings somewhere else it was states that the powerreading of the individual sockets did not match the total power reading, is this still the case?
geert-jan

Post by geert-jan »

I can confirm that the power reading of individual sockets do not match the total power reading; The total power reading is identical with the power reading on socket 1.

I have 2 powernodes (Nuon Smartplug 6) in use with Homeseer.
raymonvdm

Post by raymonvdm »

geert-jan wrote:I can confirm that the power reading of individual sockets do not match the total power reading; The total power reading is identical with the power reading on socket 1.

How are you polling the devices for there power reading because they seem to fail in my setup?
structor

Post by structor »

geert-jan wrote:I can confirm that the power reading of individual sockets do not match the total power reading; The total power reading is identical with the power reading on socket 1.

Thanks
geert-jan

Post by geert-jan »

My first reaction seems lost 'in the cloud', hereby a retry.

I poll the smartplug in two ways;
- via a 'standby killer' script that monitors the actual energy consumption and switches off the socket when the connected device is in standby.
This (vb) script runs every 5 minutes, does a hs.PollDevice(deviceId), followed by 'some action', waits for 45 seconds, and then polls the next socket. The wait is used to prevent a peak load on the z-wave network. Another advantage is that the GREEN LED does not flash if you poll the smartplug with an interval lower than 2 minutes :D .

- via an event that polls the total consumed energy.
This script runs once per hour and executes the following homeseer action per socket: ' Select Z-Wave Action / Poll a Node' (2 smartplugs times 6 sockets = 12 actions in total)
raymonvdm

Post by raymonvdm »

Would you like to share the vb script ?

Maybe i just created the same solution using an event (poweroff is a bridge to far for now)

Click to zoom

Can you tell me which ZDK u are running on the Nuon Devices (using http://homeseerurl/zwho)

Code: Select all

3.33 (Unknown ZDK Version) App: 4.21
 3.33 (Unknown ZDK Version) App: 4.20

geert-jan

Post by geert-jan »

My standby killer script. I run the script as you showed in your screen dump, difference is that the script is called instead the 'z-wave command'. Every socket is polled once per 5 minutes, with an interval of 45 seconds between each socket. I have an event per power node, so the script will take about 270 seconds to run, which is less that the poll interval of 300 seconds.

Please note that the total execution time of the script shall be lower than its interval; when polling more than 6 devices you should decrease the wait (e.g. divide the poll interval by the number of devices to poll).

The script monitors the actual power consumption. If two measurements indicate that the actual power consumption is below a threshold, the script will switch of a device, i.e. the powernode socket.

The script:

Sub main(parm as Object)
    Dim deviceId As String
    Dim deviceIdCurrentPower As String
    Dim powerLevel as Integer
    Dim previousPower as Integer
    Dim currentPower as Integer

Dim arrParm() As String

' Extract parameters
    arrParm = parm.ToString.Split(";")
    deviceId = arrParm(0)
    deviceIdCurrentPower = arrParm(1)
    powerLevel = arrParm(2)

previousPower = hs.DeviceValue(deviceIdCurrentPower)

' Get current power consumption for devices
    hs.PollDevice(deviceIdCurrentPower )
    hs.WaitSecs(0.1)
    currentPower = hs.DeviceValue(deviceIdCurrentPower)

' Turn off device:
    ' if device is On
    ' and was on in previous check also (to prevent switching off device directly)
    if hs.IsOn(deviceId) 
      if previousPower > 0 AND previousPower < powerLevel AND currentPower < powerLevel
        hs.Transmit(deviceId, "off")
      end if
    end if

End Sub
Save the script in a file, with extension '.vb and run the script as following:

<scriptname>.vb("main", <device Id>;<device Id 2>;<power in 0.01 Watt>")
Where:
  • scriptname = the name of the script
    deviceId = the device to switch off
    deviceId 2 = the device that gives the actual power consumption
    power = the limit to switch off 'deviceId'. The power is in units of 0.01 Watt, i.e. 200 means 2 Watt
The ZDK of my powernodes:

3.33 (Unknown ZDK Version) App: 4.21
gvdham

Post by gvdham »

using domotiga now without z-wave and would like to use this device, what do i need to connect this item to my pc?
raymonvdm

Post by raymonvdm »

I have used Domotiga in the past and to use this device you should have a Aeon Labs Z-Wave stick (and both should be not to far away of each other. This problem is solved if you have a Z-Wave network because each device wil act as a repeater to build a mesh network)
gvdham

Post by gvdham »

thank u, will order one!

Return to “Questions & Discussions Forum”