Poll: Interest buying BENEXT Door/Motion sensors separately

Pop your questions regarding Home automation Domotica hardware here.....
SolidReason
Starting Member
Starting Member

Poll: Interest buying BENEXT Door/Motion sensors separately

Post by SolidReason »

I'm looking for a replacement for my KAKU door and motion sensors and ran into these BENEXT door and MoLite motion sensors. Currenly these Z-wave compliant sensors can be ordered in pre-configured packages only. The downside of the pre-configured packages is that they all include the myGate and myDisplay items which are pretty useless in my case.

After contacting BENEXT, they told me they have tentative plans to sell these items as separate products after this summer but if there was sufficient interest they might consider to move this date to an earlier timeframe.

Would any of you be interested in buying these (or other BENEXT) sensors in the near future ?
Last edited by Digit on Fri May 11, 2012 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: 404 on link
mrqnapper

Re: Poll: Interest buying BENEXT Door/Motion sensors separately

Post by mrqnapper »

Hi I count one more interested person in!
I contacted BENEXT as wel some time ago and received the same kind of answer. "Het verkopen van losse producten zal halverwege dit jaar van start gaan."
Since these devices are very nice priced it could be worthwhile buying some.
airox

Post by airox »

Guys,

I already have the security package installed in my home. So if you need some information about them, let me know.
If you live near Arnhem, then you can even visit if you want.

I did not test the MyGate, but added support in my Z-wave driver for all the products in the package in my own driver and home automation solution.

Greetings!
xanhoera

Post by xanhoera »

I'm actually waiting for specs of their 5p multiswitch and power bridge.
DrDoo

Post by DrDoo »

Prices seems very nice.
SolidReason
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by SolidReason »

airox wrote:Guys,

I already have the security package installed in my home. So if you need some information about them, let me know.
Hi Airox,

Good to hear you've got it all up & running, can you share your experience with the Motion sensors ?
  • is it picking up motion swiftly
  • what's the range of detection
  • according to the spec's it can measure light intensity, is it threshold based or does it actually measure lux values ?
Also, I would be interested in pictures of the door and motion sensors. Especially the door sensor picture on the BENEXT website is a bit hazy.

Thanks !!
Meinaart
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Meinaart »

I would be very interested! I even considered ordering the base package and throw the MyGate in the thrash a few weeks ago ;).

Prices are really low compared to other Z-Wave stuff. I am anxious to see how good they work and what their build quality is. They have a very nice selection of products. Some of them are even (as far as I know) not available from other manufacturers (at least not Z-Wave based).
airox

Post by airox »

Hi all,

Sorry for the late reply. Was working and had a conference abroad attached with a week of vacation. I haven't put the motion sensor in use.
It's still sitting on a cabinet watching motion but not yet any event attached to it. So I can't say anything about the motion range and that sort of stuff.

The light intensity is measured in percentages. So it's not lux. And so far it only reported 20, 30, 50, 60 percent. So no more precise than this.
The temperature sensor which is built in is a bit ackward. You have to put it alongside another sensor and put the difference in a configuration value on the Z-wave device before it takes the offset into account. I prefered if they would used a DS18B20 or something to just deliver the value immediately. It was like 24 degrees off, so I had to put some value in the configuration.

I will try to integrate the sensor in our toilet and try how it behaves.

Greetings!

Return to “Questions & Discussions Forum”