videophone on ipad?

Pop your questions regarding Home automation Domotica hardware here.....
carrejans
Starting Member
Starting Member

videophone on ipad?

Post by carrejans »

Hi, my first post here. Looks like a really great place with lots of domotica info.

I'm currently building my new house, and I'm going to install Niko Home Control. In stead of the NHC touchscreen, I'm going to use an ipad in a central place for the main controls. (using a Launchport)
NHC is a pretty basic domotica system, but that's just what I want. The only thing I'm missing is a videophone module.

Is there a commercially available system (outpost) that uses the ipad to show the video of the videophone?
Because I use the ipad for other things (like NHC control, playing music, ...) the video needs to pop-up, when someone is at the door.

By the way: by "videophone" I mean an intercom system with video. (translated it a bit too literally, I guess)

Thank you very much!

Jan
Post-IT

Re: videophone on ipad?

Post by Post-IT »

Real commercial grade options are the Mobitix T24 with (upcoming?) iOS app, although I don't know if the app supports push notifications.

And Gira will soon launch the new software so that their DCS-IP gateway will interact with Skype, making it working and useful for many platforms including iOS, Android, PC, Mac, internet TVs, etc...
kocr
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by kocr »

A year ago I met someone from Niko.
I had the same request about video and voice coming from the front door (intercom).
He told me at that time to wait until "Batibouw" where Niko would present an intercom-module for NHC and a new touch screen with microphone and speaker.
Going to "Batibouw" with a lot of expectations I was rather disappointed. The introduction of that module was postponed and maybe even for ever.
Why ?

I'm also considering installing NHC in our new house and intercom is the only option I'm missing in the NHC product list.

Replacing the touch screen of NHC by an iPad leaves of courses a lot of possibilities open but is there an intercom alternative then ?
olof

Post by olof »

A couple of weeks ago I visited the Security Fair at Essen.

I saw a Taiwanese company (Dahua) there that just launched a couple of different IP-based video door stations.
As I can't afford the Mobotix M24, this could become the alternative for me. Their stand was huge, so I guess it's not a small-time operation. Stupid enough,
I forgot to ask them where to buy it in Holland...

Cheers,
Olof
Post-IT

Post by Post-IT »

I don't see any online sales for this product. However their DVR product are all over Aliexpress.

I personally would rather build my own doorstation from a Foscam camera and have a metalworker cut a nice aluminium front for it if price is more important then performance.

Return to “Questions & Discussions Forum”