Choosing the right hardware

Pop your questions regarding Home automation Domotica hardware here.....
resnik
Starting Member
Starting Member

Choosing the right hardware

Post by resnik »

I was directed from micasaverde forum to here, so here it goes :)
or start I'd like to point out that I'm located in europe, so 230V 50Hz.

So here are the questions, one by one ;)

My goal is to monitor and control following:
1. Wireless magnet contacts on doors/windows (Aeon labs D/W would probably work).
2. Minimote for controlling, apart from GUI
3. Control multiple or single sockets and monitor their power consumption (use Google translate)

Now things I did not find yet, and I'm looking for your suggestions:

4. good thermostat
5. Something to monitor temperature and humidity inside and outside of the house
6. Water leakage detector
7. lightning control (screw in module) or is there anything similar and available to Insteon bulb but for europe (230V)?
8. DIN rail or anything similar for multiple I\O that could be put next to fuses box, so I can control and monitor everything in house?
9. Input for simple on/off sensors? Like interfacing from alarm system PGM's to controller/pc ? (I'm a security technican, working with DSC, Ademco, Paradox, Visonic and Inim centrals, unless any of centrals has direct interfacing?
10. Interfacing with Arduino (so I can take advantage of its I\O pins)?
11. What controller/pc so I modify GUI to my needs?
12. What home theatre to use?

So I don't buy something that does not work :D
I really do like Fibaro products, not to mention their catchy demo video, however it lacks real power monitor :/

I'm willing to code the control systems myself, but I need to know with what hardware to play.

Thanks in advance ;)
AshaiRey

Re: Choosing the right hardware

Post by AshaiRey »

5. Something to monitor temperature and humidity inside and outside of the house
THGR810 (search forum)
Water leakage detector
Many options. It depends on your needs.
lightning control (screw in module) or is there anything similar and available to Insteon bulb but for europe (230V)
Nice item!
DIN rail or anything similar for multiple I\O that could be put next to fuses box, so I can control and monitor everything in house?
Not certain what you actully have in mind here but KNX pops in my mind instantly.

Point 9 to 12 are to vague. There are many solutions for this. It all depends on you requierments, skills and budget.

As for software. HomeSeer does a good job.
But from what i hear of it Domotiga (see this forum) does a very good job too. There are more open source projects like that to start with.
Bram

Return to “Questions & Discussions Forum”