Somfy tahoma experience?

Pop your questions regarding Home automation Domotica hardware here.....
peckers71
Starting Member
Starting Member

Somfy tahoma experience?

Post by peckers71 »

Anyone have experience with the Somfy Tahoma to control RTS and IO products?
labium
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Re: Somfy tahoma experience?

Post by labium »

no but i have written a working beta plugin for Somfy rts products in homeseer.

http://www.domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=7561
xanhoera

Post by xanhoera »

A while back I was wondering if the Somfy Tahoma was IOHomeControl compatible. Here's the original Dutch quoted answer, I assume coming from a French person :-)
original.dutch.with.a.french.accent wrote: We delen u mee dat met Somfy Tahoma kan men wel io-homecontrol aansturen. Deze is jammer genoeg niet z-wave compatibel.
freely.translated.from.the.original.answer wrote: We inform you that you can control IO homecontrol devices with Somfy Tahoma. Unfortunately it is not z-wave compatible.
I never requested more info as the communication was too slow/inaccurate. Also, not sure how to understand the answer, so I'll be watching this thread closely :-).
peckers71
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by peckers71 »

I went to see the Somfy home motion experience center in Amsterdam (see http://www.homemotionhouse.nl) and they confirmed the tahoma works with new io-home control and the older rts motors. They also told me Honeywell, Niko and Velux can be controlled with this thing and more is coming.
John

Post by John »

Very interesting product if an interface between this box and Homeseer is possible
peckers71
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by peckers71 »

@John - why? Isn't Homeseer a competitor of the tahoma ? They seem to do almost the same.
Digit
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Digit »

Homeseer and Tahoma competitors - yes and no.

Yes, it looks like Tahoma will support more in the future.
But it will be Somfy that decides what will be supported and what not.
That result is that the exotic niche product that you use, will never be supported by Tahoma.
From that perspective, Tahoma is not a threat to Homeseer.
John

Post by John »

In my opinion Homeseer is not a competitor of the Tahoma. It are two different products for different public.

An interface between the Tahoma and Homeseer can increase the sell of I/O products. The Honeywell Evohome system is excellent in underfloor heating. If an interface between Tahoma and HomeSeer make it possible to control the Evohome system an get the data from it I will defintively buy the Evohome System.
Harlin

Post by Harlin »

Funny thing is, somfy announced in 2009 "going z-wave with Tahoma" http://www.somfy.com/downloads/nam_pro/ ... r_2010.pdf
--
If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, ....
labium
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by labium »

John wrote:In my opinion Homeseer is not a competitor of the Tahoma. It are two different products for different public.

An interface between the Tahoma and Homeseer can increase the sell of I/O products. The Honeywell Evohome system is excellent in underfloor heating. If an interface between Tahoma and HomeSeer make it possible to control the Evohome system an get the data from it I will defintively buy the Evohome System.

I dont see why a Tahoma plugin makes a Honeywell EvoHome System work in homeseer, Then you need a Evohome plug in ?
labium
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by labium »

Harlin wrote:Funny thing is, somfy announced in 2009 "going z-wave with Tahoma" http://www.somfy.com/downloads/nam_pro/ ... r_2010.pdf

somfy has more lines of communications with their devices not only Z wave ,they have a Rts485 Transmitter for controlling their devices also , which has a plugin for homeseer
John

Post by John »

labium wrote:
John wrote:In my opinion Homeseer is not a competitor of the Tahoma. It are two different products for different public.

I dont see why a Tahoma plugin makes a Honeywell EvoHome System work in homeseer, Then you need a Evohome plug in ?
See the following (Dutch) link. Ofcourse you need a plugin

https://www.regelvisie.nl/pages/Woninge ... stand.html

Return to “Questions & Discussions Forum”