multi-room audio system

Pop your questions regarding Home automation Domotica hardware here.....
olof

Re: multi-room audio system

Post by olof »

Like I said, I have 1 point in my house, where all the speaker cables of all the rooms come together. So I don't want an amp in every room.
Sonos can handle this just fine. On the Sonos forum there are many examples of how people set this up.

For example: at your central point ('Node zero') where all the speaker cables come together, put 1 Sonos Connect:Amp per room there. So, if you have 5 rooms wired with speakers, and all these speaker wires come together, then place 5 Connect:Amps at Node Zero. Stack them if necessary. This creates all the benefits of multi-room audio with a Sonos solution.

Food for thought...

Olof
AshaiRey

Post by AshaiRey »

For example: at your central point ('Node zero') where all the speaker cables come together, put 1 Sonos Connect:Amp per room there. So, if you have 5 rooms wired with speakers, and all these speaker wires come together, then place 5 Connect:Amps at Node Zero. Stack them if necessary. This creates all the benefits of multi-room audio with a Sonos solution.
Although this will work nicely am i baffled by the sheer cost of all of this.
I have made my own audio system to provide audio in 8 rooms and 2 outdoor locations for under Euro 100,- of material. (The suggested Sonos solution will set me back 3500,- Euro.)
It is not Sonos sound quality but nearly all rooms just have background music like music in stores or elevators, so not having top hifi isn't an issue there.
Bram
kriz83

Post by kriz83 »

SqueezeBox ?

But Logitech dropped it a few weeks ago. If you're quick, you can still score some ...
HomeSeer - PlugWise - RFXComm - Philips Pronto TSU9800/9600/9300
carol14
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by carol14 »

*** CONTENT DELETED BY ANTI SPAM ROBOT ***
:D
jeroenc

Post by jeroenc »

I hate captcha's but I hate spammers more ....

Return to “Questions & Discussions Forum”