Powerstatus on/off using "cheap" hardware

Pop your questions regarding Home automation Domotica hardware here.....
raymonvdm

Powerstatus on/off using "cheap" hardware

Post by raymonvdm »

Today i got the following idee after thinking about a problem.

Problem

Once in a while my girlfriend would like to show off and steps into the kichen to cook some diner. When she power`s on the exhaust hood in the kichen she also need to power on the building ventilation because these two are connected.

Idea

Modify the exhaust hood to switch on the building ventilation (It is equipte with a Z-Wave switch)

Possible solutions

- Place an Z-Wave power meter between the wall outet and the exhaust hood (expensive)
- Place an Plugwise power meter between the wall outlet and the exhaust hood (expensive and possibly no coverage by current plugwise network)
- Place a device inside the hood which knows the powerstate ( light burning / engine running ) and send this to homeseer using some kind of (wireless)protocol (cheap??)
Running HS3PRO on PC with Z-Wave / OpenTherm / Plugwise / RFXcom / MQTT / XAP400 / Logitech Media Server and Squeezelite on PI`s
Irritanterik

Re: Powerstatus on/off using "cheap" hardware

Post by Irritanterik »

Option when you have a receiver at 433 MHz: domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=27&amp ... amp;t=7916
HP t5630w with Homeseer 2 > Will migrate to Homey | RFXLAN | IRTrans | Opentherm Gateway | ITHO ECO-FAN integration | Harrison Curtain | Z-wave
raymonvdm

Re: Powerstatus on/off using "cheap" hardware

Post by raymonvdm »

I do have an RFXcom reciever :D

And will try to see if http://www.klikaanklikuit.nl/shop/produ ... -awmt-231/ is working
Running HS3PRO on PC with Z-Wave / OpenTherm / Plugwise / RFXcom / MQTT / XAP400 / Logitech Media Server and Squeezelite on PI`s

Return to “Questions & Discussions Forum”