SMS receive

Pop your questions regarding Home automation Domotica hardware here.....
3.14User
Starting Member
Starting Member

SMS receive

Post by 3.14User »

Hello,

First of all thanks for this forum and the domotiga software.

I want to use the raspberry pi, the velleman k8055-2 (the new one it's working thanks to the solution from uranus nucleus) and a GSM modem (small board with a Siemens chip and a RS232 to USB converter) to control remote power switches.
I found that the SMS receive functionality is started in the source code but there is no action for SMS receive. A statement that this will be done is in the history.
As far as I understood the source code (I'm not a native in C :P ) the action has to be implemented in the database.

Does anyone has found a solution to receive and interpret SMS messages? (Sending AT messages over the

I thought about sending a SMS with S1=0 or 1, S2=, S3= to switch the receivers via the K8055 board and the remote control that is delivered with the receivers.
Simply by using relays connected to the switches in the remote control. In the end the system will switch electric heaters to warm a small cottage for the weekend.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Regards,
3.14user
Last edited by 3.14User on Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
raymonvdm

Re: SMS receive

Post by raymonvdm »

Maybe this can help you out

http://www.myautomatedhouse.co.uk/sms.htm

I currently use a Nokia 6230 with dku2 datacable to send sms messages using Linux. I also think this is the easyest way to use on homeseer

On another setup the following modems are used
http://www.smsco.it/en/modem/siemens_mc35i.jsp

Maybe you could find one second hand

Hmmm, Maybe you don`t want to use HomeSeer but only the hardware you stated.

When using a raspberry u could look into the debian version "rasperian?" and using gnoki for the sending and reading of sms messages.
Running HS3PRO on PC with Z-Wave / OpenTherm / Plugwise / RFXcom / MQTT / XAP400 / Logitech Media Server and Squeezelite on PI`s

Return to “Questions & Discussions Forum”