Where and what to buy...

Pop your questions regarding Home automation Domotica hardware here.....
jeroen_

Where and what to buy...

Post by jeroen_ »

Hi,

I've been playing around with RFXcom/Marimitek DS90's/Oregon's etc for a bit now, but due to an upcoming move I was looking at sourcing more sensors so that the new place can be properly instrumented.

As such two questions: what and where?

The "what" for me typically becomes:
- Marmitek DS90 for door/window/trigger sensor
- Marmitek SD90 for smoke detector
- Marmitek MS90 for motion detect
- Oregon Scientific THGR 810 for thermo/hygro

In other words devices that an RFXCOM LAN talks too. Tips welcome on solving that another way.

It seems though that source for various things are running a bit dry, eg Oregon Scientific THGR 810 Thermo-/Hygro-Sensor on Amazon

http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B000PE8 ... 00_s00_i00

Indeed, it is not in stock... and various other places I checked did not have them either (or wanted double the price, yeah right, these toys are pricey enough already, at 60CHF+ per sensor... it is noticeable ;) ...)

So if anybody has a few hints of shops that might actually ship things, that would be helpful.

Note as an extra 'fun' factor my shipping destination is Switzerland, but I am heavily considering just doing deliveries in The Netherlands and then picking them up, as the cost of a plane ticket almost equals out the double taxes one pays when ordering for instance in .nl (18% there), then the cut the postal agency takes and on top of that the Swiss taxes...
b_weijenberg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: Where and what to buy...

Post by b_weijenberg »

There are still a lot of Oregon sensors available, see for example http://www.weerhuisje.nl/index.php?item ... 21&lang=NL
jeroen_

Post by jeroen_ »

Yes, I know weerhuisje, they sell them for 10EUR more than Amazon (who are out of stock likely because of that), and..... they do not ship to Switzerland ;)

(They do to every other country though: Nederland Austria Belgium Bulgaria Cyprus Czech Republic Danmark Estonia Finland France Germany Great Britain Hungary Ireland Italy Latvia Lithuania Luxemburg Malta Poland Portugal Romania Slovak Republic Slovenia Spain Sweden) just not .ch... :(

I am just a bit surprised that some of this is running out of stock, typically that indicates that they are not being sold too well (which is not a good sign) or that they are coming with something new as they are really out of stock.
nico_gh2

Post by nico_gh2 »

You could use this one, no connection but the goy running the place is really helpfull and quick to respond to emails/questions.

weerstationkopen.nl/accessoires-weersta ... Path/42_55
Price halfway there, but in stock at my last call.

Alternatively find someone going skiing in switzerland and save on postage, sorry I'm not.
Weerhuisje.nl
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Weerhuisje.nl »

Weerhuisje.nl does deliver in Switserland too. Will be added soon in Country list. But you can always send an email to info @ weerhuisje . nl with your inquiry.

Albert.
jeroen_

Post by jeroen_ »

Cool, I'll keep an eye on it (this as Switzerland is not in the list just now when I checked ;)
The double taxation thing will be fun though (.nl taxes and .ch taxes it again, and typically the post.ch does that over the complete content + shipping price... grmbl...)

Return to “Questions & Discussions Forum”