zwave on Rasberry

Pop your questions regarding Home automation Domotica hardware here.....
marck

zwave on Rasberry

Post by marck »

Anyone seen this already. Controllable via JSON

http://razberry.z-wave.me/index.php
soitjes

Re: zwave on Rasberry

Post by soitjes »

My first reaction was wow, that is exactly what I'm looking for. I'm using Delphi and I didn't find a way to interface directly with Zwave until now, but I know how to handle JSON :)

However, this is offered by z-wave.me, which is a cloud solution. I couldn't find any mention that the firmware is using the cloud, but it would be less appealing if it does (at least for me).

Soitjes.
My Digital Home Server - http://www.digitalhomeserver.net
rbmace2403
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by rbmace2403 »

Really cool, i just ordered one to see if it will work to integrate in my home brewed system.
FoRMaTC

Post by FoRMaTC »

CLoud based system, nice if your internet connection goes down :roll:
rbmace2403
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by rbmace2403 »

The rasberry solution will work without a cloud connection. Its a rfxcom solution but only for zwave :-)

I receive it next week, will let you know how it will work
marck

Post by marck »

Great. Where did your order it? I thought the nearest reseller is based in Germany.
And at what price?
xanhoera

Post by xanhoera »

Looking forward to the first unboxing and review :-)
rbmace2403
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by rbmace2403 »

Im on wintersport now, will unbox it next week and let you all know, it has been delivered took 4 days :-)

I ordered it at the Zwave4u.

Ronald
rbmace2403
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by rbmace2403 »

Hello,

I received the unit and installed it on a raspberry. After a really simple install of the software it was working with a charm. They included a sample GUI from their Zway automation suite so you can include and exclude all devices. I have included a few multilevel switches (Aeon micro switch) and I can switch/dim the lights on/off and I also see the power usage of the lamps.

What also is great you can set all the configuration settings of the units, because its using the pepper database of Zwave devices. This is a easy way to configure all the settings of your zwave devices.
Not all Zwave classes are supported yet, but new ones are added in the end of this and next month, like the security class.

The API is really simple, you do a http request to the razberry port and you get all the information in a json back. You need to decipher all this data, but it is really simple to make a driver for my own domotica system. There are a few things you need to fix like security, but i am impressed how it is working and seems very stable for now.

I think this is great solution for everyone who wants to integrate zwave in their own domotica project and dont want to write their own Zwave drivers or to use Open-Zwave which is only available in C. This is a nice solution where you can integrate with every programming language through a rest API.

I am going to integrate this in my own homebrewed domotica project in php.

If their are more questions I am happy to answer them :-)

Regards

Ronald

Return to “Questions & Discussions Forum”