Smoke Detector

Pop your questions regarding Home automation Domotica hardware here.....
raymonvdm

Smoke Detector

Post by raymonvdm »

In the past i looked for smoke detectors which can notify my remotely. There are some available but "quit" expensive. Now i just found out these which are sold bij HomeWizard (but it think are actually rebranded

http://www.homewizard.nl/rookmelder-voo ... izard.html

Can someone ensure me that they are usable with HomeSeer ?

I thinks these are the same

http://www.alecto.nl/producten/huis-bev ... s-linkable
en worden ze ook verkocht als Flamingo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZEwvlmNfzQ
Running HS3PRO on PC with Z-Wave / OpenTherm / Plugwise / RFXcom / MQTT / XAP400 / Logitech Media Server and Squeezelite on PI`s
Rutger

Re: Smoke Detector

Post by Rutger »

I've the rebrand FA20RF/2. With several tests the alarm is received in Homeseer perfectly. With the RXLAN you can only receive the alarm message. I thought in the Homewizard you can also enable the alarm manually.
My home automation blog: https://rutg3r.com
raymonvdm

Post by raymonvdm »

I just ordered the Alecto SA-30, in a set of three for 36 euro`s and own a RFXtrx433 so now waith and see
Running HS3PRO on PC with Z-Wave / OpenTherm / Plugwise / RFXcom / MQTT / XAP400 / Logitech Media Server and Squeezelite on PI`s
b_weijenberg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by b_weijenberg »

The RFXtrx433 can receive and activate the siren of the KD101 (Flamingo) smoke detectors.

It seems the Alecto SA30 is not compatible with the Flamingo. Contact rfxcom support if the SA30 is not received by the RFXtrx433
raymonvdm

Post by raymonvdm »

b_weijenberg wrote:The RFXtrx433 can receive and activate the siren of the KD101 (Flamingo) smoke detectors.

It seems the Alecto SA30 is not compatible with the Flamingo. Contact rfxcom support if the SA30 is not received by the RFXtrx433
I think you`re right. The manual states that reception of the KD101is always on. correct?
raymonvdm

Post by raymonvdm »

Yesterday i sent my SA-30 smoke detectors to RFXcom support, and they are looking in to it. :D
raymonvdm

Post by raymonvdm »

RFXcom added support for the SA-30 in firmware version 70 so that` s nice, but tonight I picked up this issue and tried to install the KD101 on my HomeSeer RFXcom plugin.

But it is not working yet :-)
b_weijenberg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by b_weijenberg »

The SA30 should operate in HS3. If not contact support.
raymonvdm

Post by raymonvdm »

I`m currently trying the KD101 on HS2 as i`m not yet on the HS3 train.

I have added a output device in RFXcom to use the KD101 Units as Alarm but it looks like the Learn and Panic button are swapped in HomeSeer and learning is not going well
I also added a security device using the ID i recieved from the smoke detectors (and this seems to be working but it wil change when i try to learn them on the output device)

What do i need to do to make it work correctly ?

The steps in the KD101 manual

- Repeatedly press the learn button on the master until the green indicator led turns on
- Press several time the learn button on the slave units until the red indicator led turns on
- Keep the master test button pressed until all slaves also generate an alarm

But what will be the steps in the RFXcom plugin ?
raymonvdm

Post by raymonvdm »

I think i got it

- Place al smoke detectors in slave learning mode
- Send learn command from HomeSeer plugin
- Clear the recieved devices under RFXcom plugin -> Securtiy
- Press test button on the smoke detector
- Add the recieved ID under Security as KD101
- Create Scripts for the alerting
raymonvdm

Post by raymonvdm »

Today i had a false positive on one of the Flamingo Smoke Detectors but because the are connected i cannot see which one was causing the panic.

I will try to connect each sensor individually but i first need to find the manuals for this.

I also found out that Marmitek is now called Haibrain and they have an SD-91 is this still working on RFXcom and supporting battery report / heartbeat ?

https://www.conrad.nl/nl/haibrain-sd91- ... 45242.html
Last edited by raymonvdm on Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
b_weijenberg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by b_weijenberg »

put the smoke detector in learning mode,
with RFXmngr
- select Security1 - KD101 (or SA30) with a random ID
- transmit a panic command
raymonvdm

Post by raymonvdm »

b_weijenberg wrote:put the smoke detector in learning mode,
with RFXmngr
- select Security1 - KD101 (or SA30) with a random ID
- transmit a panic command
This is not possible with the HS3 plugin and i think i first need to reset all sensors to remove the current connection between them?
b_weijenberg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by b_weijenberg »

In HS3 you can create a KD101 / SA30 Output device and use this to assign a new ID to the sensors. This output device can also be used to activate the siren.
raymonvdm

Post by raymonvdm »

It is working as you explained and i now have 3 different smoke detectors in HomeSeer instead of one. Now let see if and which one is giving me false warnings.

Thanks!

Return to “Questions & Discussions Forum”