PetPorte Connections

Pop your questions regarding Home automation Domotica hardware here.....
nullx8
Starting Member
Starting Member

PetPorte Connections

Post by nullx8 »

hello all, hope this is to proper board.

i have read here about some guys managed to get into a PetPorte Cat Flap.

i not want to connect the door to a computer, but want to connect it to my Home Controller (z-wave)
the idea is to use a Fibaro Universal Sensor (since it would perfectly fit into the casing, and could use the power provided by the same power suply.

i want to accomplish the following:
- be able to change the mode (somehow)
- get notification if the door has been used.

the 2nd part may easy by simply connect 1 input to the motor ? but this would messure only in 1 direction .. so the sensor may be a better aproach.
the PCB on the petports has 2 Buttons where only one is used to change modes (night vet) so this may also somethngs not so hard to accomplish, BUT there is no way to see which mode the door is in ..

does anyone has an idea how this can be accomplished ?

or better to say "where" on the porte do i connect my custom setup to interact with the universal sensor ?
Henk

Re: PetPorte Connections

Post by Henk »

One way is to connect the two buttons to a Fibaro double relay module by soldering wires on the printed circuit board and connecting them to the potential free contacts of the Fibaro module. Some programming is required to set the cat flap in night mode / vet mode. /reset mode like the catflap is manual programmed. It may be a little tricky programming

In case you want to control only the night mode by the home contoller so the home controller will decide if the cat can leave the home or not .. again you will need the fibaro double relay module.
Cut one of the wires going from the PCB to the solenoid lock controlling the exit and connect the both ends of this cutted wire to the Fibaro module again using the potential free contacts ! I make the assumption that the flap control is based on a magnet/solenoid and not on a motor driven lock. Now program the cat flap so it will be always closed. (timer mode) and powereing the magnet which will keep the flap locked. When the fibaro output is on than the flap is locked if the fibaro is open than the flap will be released because the solenoid will not be powered.

Monitoring the flap put a small reed relais plug magnet on the flap and connect the reed switch to a 9V relay . The contact of this relay will switch 230V to the input off the second port of the Fibaro module. You can also use a door/window sensor or an universal binair sensor but this will require another module. Be aware the binairy module has only two inputs no outputs!!

If the exit direction is closed and the flap will be triggered it means the cat is going inside so the home controller should keep track of the status. The next flap triggering means the cat is going out. This will work only if you have one cat. Be aware that the flap will swing and may be generating several triggers in a short period.

Henk
nullx8
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by nullx8 »

thanks Henk, i plan to use the FIbro Universal .. because it does have 2 Outputs and 2 Analog inputs.
the idea with just to cut off the solenoid via Relais is not so bad.

i installed the door Yesterday and play with the Modes alittle bit ..
simpulate all scenarios.

the remote programming is simple ...
to put it in VET MODE i just need to press the red button for longer than 3 Sec .. thats very easy to accomplish via lua code.
but its the same ritual for enable and disable the modes. so i never know the mode is active or not.

well whule writing this i had a reset idea ... just to use the 2nd Output of the univaersal module to disconnect the main power for 5 sec.
the flap will sartup in normal operation (always) and then enable the VET mode would actually do the trick.
but that is kind of buggy ...

but then i would require just 1 Reed contact to sense the door movement, or simply connect the digital input to the solenoid as one solenoid always triggers if the car goes in or out .. (i'm not sure it supports 12volts on the inputs)
Henk

Post by Henk »

The universal binary module has only two inputs - the specifications is a little misleading and common misinterpret ... the two outputs are reflecting directly the inputs and are not programmable .... so you need a Fibaro 2x1,5Kwh to control either the switches or the solenoid. The benefit of this module it can be used as an input device too to monitor the flap.

Henk
raymonvdm

Post by raymonvdm »

Soms things to read

http://respekt-empire.de/CatFlap/

and

http://www.domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4828

For simpel setup you van try a fiburo dual relay switch with auto switch off (to close/open the lock / push red button)
Running HS3PRO on PC with Z-Wave / OpenTherm / Plugwise / RFXcom / MQTT / XAP400 / Logitech Media Server and Squeezelite on PI`s

Return to “Questions & Discussions Forum”