Is there any manual for working Domo on RPi?

Pop your questions regarding Home automation Domotica hardware here.....
cruz
Starting Member
Starting Member

Is there any manual for working Domo on RPi?

Post by cruz »

Heyho!

I was used to fhem for some while but Domo seems to be more "smooth" in configuration, in look&feel and as also have faster growing community and better abilities for own works in basic. So I decided to dump my RPi-fhem and try Domotiga. Now, after one whole week of SSL and SCP unfortunately I am almost up to smash that Pi and all that radio devices into trashcan... :( . Can you please give me a hint how to get it running or better be so kind to dump a working image?

I tried...

- Installation procedure from the wiki with Gambas from trunk. It told that 5 packs would not be installed and Gambas never ran. Tries to fix with "update" and others just freezed the system at the end.

- Installation procedure from wiki with stable Gambas. It did not want to compile, dont know why. Fixes also ran out of ideas.

- Installation from the Domo-manual. Dont know which packages I took, guess the last ones for Gambas. It also not did run after compilation.

- Installation from one thread on the net where the used packages were loaded in small bundles (more than one big apt-get install line). Guess what, Gambas ran!! But newest checkout of Domo said that one of the modules would be old and "please upgrade Gambas". The Domo history told that this error should be obsolete but it came for me. So I tried some hints from Google to fix it from the Gambas-side and... killed it.

Then I was too tired so...

- Installation of the Wheezy image which includes Gambas. OK, it ran but an "upgrade" always makes sense. This one took the ready compiled Gambas and so I had the famous 100%-CPU-freeze.

- OK and in the end I was bored to enter the same lines again and again so at least made a script for the basic parts and the compilation. This made me able to get 3.5.1 two times with the described problem and killing it again.

- Finally (today) I took the way described on Gambas page for "Wheezy > 3.x stable or trunk" which modifies the sources. First time the "apt-get upgrade" pulled some packages from that source and not the wheezy and therefore made several missing dependencies. I was not able to fix them with my basic knowledge.

- The logical way was adding the lines AFTER upgrade but it still gave one error (libc6) and guess what - still no compilation possible. Install -f also not fixed it.

And now I will dump the fhem back so at least our house is not dark anymore and the heaters were controlled a bit... :(

PLEASE PLEASE help me. I am so tired of Pi, black windows, waiting for compilations and so on. But I really want at least to feel an actual version of Domo because I guess I would love it. But even I was used to be a "nerd" with meanwhile 31 yrs of computer experience this feels like not possible to solve. Several relatives call me "computer guru" and those high school courses in all had been completed with A+. But to see all of you use Domo like installing a browser and myself running against walls since one week make me fell like a dork :(.

Regards
Dennis
cruz
Starting Member
Starting Member

Re: Is there any manual for working Domo on RPi?

Post by cruz »

OK, its not yet in the trash... maybe that days of closed shutters and steady heaters made my mood come down a bit again.

So now I'm trying the following:

- actual wheezy image
- config -> update -> upgrade -> rpi-update
- all packages from gambas (wheezy) manual without glib10 and addons
- modify repos
- get above two glib10's
- delete sid epos again
- go on with domotiga

...we'll see...

reards
Dennis
uAlex73

Post by uAlex73 »

I can read you tried a lot to install DomotiGa?

What did you try and where did it stop/gave an error?

Maybe it is handier to do it via email ... i am reachable via domotiga [at] gmail.com
DomotiGa / Z-Wave / RFXCom / Visonic PowerMaster / Home Assistant / Zigbee2MQTT / DSMR Reader / Toon1 (rooted)
cruz
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by cruz »

Hey Alex,

thanks for your answer. If the solution is not too complicated I would recommend at least to post it here so more people may participate and use Domotiga :)

The problem is always either compiling Gambas or running Domotiga.

I was able to get the stable Gambas (3.5.2 ?!) running but Domotiga said something like some Module would be outdated and I should update.

So I concentrated on the trunk and right now the wheel seems to spin again. All the above was done but the ./configure said "configure: error: C++ compiler cannot create executables". I found that this is about libc so made autoremove and got binutils and libc6-dev as well as all the packages that the Gambas howto tells (except glib10).

Now it installed but gave some minor errors which made the installation break after. I found that this were some packages like libintl-perl, libiconv-hook-dev, gtk+3.0, libgmp-dev. I got them and ./reconf-all ran like a charm without any negative messages. Bit the installation still breakes with "cannot stat `.libs/gb.image.effect.so.".

In dont remember exactly if there was a step between but scrolling up it was telling about a missing gstreamer10 so I added the sources by nano, made update and apt-get. And guess what - here the circle closes: "configure: error: C++ compiler cannot create executables".

Knowing that this is about libc6-dev I tried to reinstall but it sais something like "subprocess new post-removal script was killed by signal (Segmentation fault) and also "package libc6:armhf is not ready for configuration; cannot configure (current status `half-installed')". That I did the recommended install -f was a big failure because I saw in the list that nearly all ob my packages were "removed" again :evil:

And this is the point I want to give up again. It took me... eerm... about 5 hours of work by hand and there is no new information or result. What I will do now is making a script that FIRST installs gstreamer, then the sources were removed and then all of the other packages including my new ones. But if this also not works I'm really burnt out with that Domo :(

Regards
Dennis
cruz
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by cruz »

GOT IT !!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

After killing the Raspian again I took a fresh Wheezy like always but made two things different:

- all packages including those I mentioned in the last reply
- add repo for gstreamer10 (different than always before) and get it

Now I have Gambas 3.5.60 and was able to see Domotiga startup the very first time :)

...Alex, I'll send you the exact lines next days so you may put them in a howto. I spent way too many misinstalls for a solution which was at least quite easy. I cant tell if its the different repo or whatever but I also dont care as long as its running now ;)

Regards
Dennis

Return to “Questions & Discussions Forum”