Nuon PowerPlay / Eminent EM6500

Pop your questions regarding Home automation Domotica hardware here.....
raymonvdm

Nuon PowerPlay / Eminent EM6500

Post by raymonvdm »

I got my hands on some second hands devices which seems to be sold as "Nuon PowerPlay" the hardware consists of the following devices

Eminent EM6500 (which seems to be running NUON software)
Home Automation Europe Home Control Box and another Link NOTE: Dutch

It seems NUON sold this in the past for home energy measurement. And it looks like the TOON Eneco is selling now.

I want te recover the display to be a normal Z-Wave device. When i power the device it it trying to get a DHCP ip adres but is not working yet
Running HS3PRO on PC with Z-Wave / OpenTherm / Plugwise / RFXcom / MQTT / XAP400 / Logitech Media Server and Squeezelite on PI`s
Henk

Re: Nuon PowerPlay / Eminent EM6500

Post by Henk »

This hardware is based on Zwave and it is a fairly closed system / no new developments and no support
It is developed by the same company as the Home Control Box and Toon but no relationship at all.

So good luck ..... Henk
raymonvdm

Post by raymonvdm »

I just want to see if i can use the display for some function. HS2 will do the controlling of the house :D And it will not be fixed until you try
Running HS3PRO on PC with Z-Wave / OpenTherm / Plugwise / RFXcom / MQTT / XAP400 / Logitech Media Server and Squeezelite on PI`s
raymonvdm

Post by raymonvdm »

Today i took apart the Display and it is build from the following components

- TouchScreen Display
- Z-Wave USB Dongle (Which i can read on my PC using HomeSeer Ztool)
- Eminent Wifi Dongle
- PCB holding the ethernet interface, usb interfaces and some firmware image (No CF card unfortunately)

I made some pics http://files.raqxs.nl/domotica/eminent/ (upload pending)

Return to “Questions & Discussions Forum”