Slimme Thermostaat / Smart Thermostat

Forum about Opentherm, Hvac, House heating, Boilers

Moderator: hvxl

blackbird
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by blackbird »

Does anyone have any experience with this product?

http://www.icy.nl/consument/producten/d ... hermostaat

Looks like a useful product and it has an usb connector, so maybe this device could be connected to some sort of domotica system (Homeseer, Domotiga etc)
dutchnomad

Post by dutchnomad »

I have no experience with this device, but it looks great.

The USB port is according to the website:

Voor het programmeren van de klok wordt de thermostaat verbonden aan de pc

In English: To program the thermostat it is connected to a PC
[8D]

On the site is also a little documentation available, albeit in Dutch.
AenG
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by AenG »

What i want:

-thermostat with wlan or utp connection
-programming by network
-openterm

Is this on the market? Or is everyone waiting for this device?

----------------------------
http:///www.hetweerinboskamp.nl
blackbird
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by blackbird »

The thermostat mentioned above is OpenTherm compatible but is has no network connection, just usb. The same device with a utp or wlan connection would be super. For now this device uses the usb connection to get its setting and schedule from an application during the configuration process, a live usb connection can be useful to implement the thermostat in a domotica environment. If the thermostat (or its firmware) is capable of using a live two way usb connection, an API would be very welcome. I don't know if the company who created this device is keen on sharing there knowhow.
iseewhy
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by iseewhy »

There is a possibility to equipt the ICY3815TT (Smart Thermostat) with a wireless module.
This module makes it possible for the thermostat to connect to the ICY-Net network.

The ICY-Net is a propriety wireless network which is used for recreational villages to monitor and control the cottages. Its also used for home/building automation and wireless telemetry solutions.

The USB connection isnt usable for a live connection. When the ICY3815TT is connected to USB it enters the boot loader which makes it possible to perform a firmware upgrade or to adjust the registers used by the thermostat. All other activity is shutdown.

The communication subset used for USB communication isnt available for public usage at this moment.

For more information see our website.

ICY - Intelligent Controls Ymir
Post-IT

Post by Post-IT »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by AenG</i>
<br />What i want:

-thermostat with wlan or utp connection
-programming by network
-openterm

Is this on the market? Or is everyone waiting for this device?

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

I just ordered and received a HAI thermostat type Omnistat2 RC-1000 on eBay. It has 2-way communication using RS-232 connections, and a nice interface plugin for Homeseer. Although I don't think it supports OpenTerm.

Other communication boards will be available later this year, such as Zigbee or Ethernet interface.

http://www.homeauto.com/Products/Omnistat/rc1000.asp
Bastiaan

Post by Bastiaan »

Hoeveel was je kwijt voor het setje? Het lijkt ideaal voor mijn vloerverwarmingen die ik via de pomp aanstuur.
Laat je weten hoe het bevalt?
Post-IT

Post by Post-IT »

Paid 260 EUR ($290) for it, and had to pay another 60 EUR to customs, so it's not cheap. On the other hand, the Homeseer integration seemed to be fairly good, and it accepts 2-way communication. That's why I chose this one over the Digimax thermostat or any other with only an override function to turn it of or on. Now I can really set temperatures based on events.

The new home won't be ready until early June, so you'll have to wait for real usage details.
RdP
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by RdP »

This is what I'm looking for too. 2-way communication !! This way I can use HS to control the heating, but the rest of the family can use the good old thermostat.(it's also a backup if HS failes). The problem is that my HS server is (too) far from my thermostat to use serial connections and also the price fairly high. I hope for a wireless (433 mhz) devices which can communicate 2-way with RFXcom....
Bastiaan

Post by Bastiaan »

As far as I have seen; it is also one of the few that has an adaptive/learning system.
Pitty they are expensive but if you can program it smart, you might earn it back.
If you look at the demo it is really nice to see how wel it is made, eg. with the "copy" button. Make one day and copy it to all other days.

Return to “Hvac, Heating Opentherm Forum”