Forum about Opentherm, Hvac, House heating, Boilers

Moderator: hvxl

probie
Starting Member
Starting Member

Starting out with central heating / radiator control

Post by probie »

Hi,

I have been looking around this forum and the internet for like 5-6 months now and I'm not getting anywhere on what I would like to achieve.
Hope you guys can help me in that department.

I want to start with domotica and am going to program a java client/server application with a web front-end.
That's the easy part for me, now the hard part:

I want to control the entire heating of my house.
I have (at current) 5 different zones consisting of: living room, work/study, kitchen, bathroom and others.
What I am looking for are radiator valves which are adjustable. Like full open, 3/4, 1/2, 1/4, closed. (Or something like that).
It would be nice if they could also tell me the room temperature, but it's ok if I need to hang an extra temperature sensor in that room.
I have main-floor-heating, so I also need to control the different loops to the various rooms.
Then I need some way to control my central heating device (intergas prestige cw6).

So the software is not a problem, that is the easy part, I really need advice on the different kinds of hardware I need to get this done.
I have been looking at z-wave and it sure is promising, but I'm missing any link to an actual device.
Although the Danfoss living connect seem OK, I only see people complaining about them.

Sure hope you guys can help me out.

Regards,
mike
krijgsman
Starting Member
Starting Member

Re: Starting out with central heating / radiator control

Post by krijgsman »

Mike,

Did you get any further with this? I am also looking into the same thing but I find it hard to figure out where to start. Not to mention on where to end ;)
I'd love to hear about your findings.

Regards,
Dirk
probie
Starting Member
Starting Member

Re: Starting out with central heating / radiator control

Post by probie »

Hey Dirk,

Sorry to come back to this after such a long time.
I am sorry to say that I have not had any advancements untill now.

I have just bought the rfx stuff to start measuring my power/gas/water consumption.

Regard,
Mike

Return to “Hvac, Heating Opentherm Forum”