Forum about Opentherm, Hvac, House heating, Boilers

Moderator: hvxl

Mehran
Starting Member
Starting Member

Wireless Opentherm room stats.

Post by Mehran »

Hi Guys, I am a registered gas boiler installer in the UK,

I am having a little difficultly in getting a clear answer about wireless opentherm controls. The problem centres around what version of OT a boiler can support.

We install a lot of Intergas boilers but would like to use the wireless RF remeha Isense with them. The Intergas only supports the older OT standard that does not give extra power to the master OT device. Now I know remeha do make something call a smartpower adapter to over come this, it gives the extra power that the boiler cant supply to run the ibase(the receiver for the RF isense ).

My question is, would I be able to use this smartpower adapter on a intergas hre boiler? if not does anyone know of a wireless opentherm room stat that will work with intergas HRE?

As intergas and opentherm are more wide spread in Europe. I was hoping some one will be able to help.

Intergas UK is a fairly small and opentherm is quite uncommon in the UK so I have not got an answer yet from them.
ericplan
Starting Member
Starting Member

Re: Wireless Opentherm room stats.

Post by ericplan »

The original Opentherm specification allowed only limited use for a room stat, enough for the electronics, but not for by example display illumination. New "smartpower" specification allows heavier current usage.
The smartpower adapter is nothing more then a power adapter to use newer OT-stats on old equipment. You can reed some on this in this newsletter http://www.opentherm.eu/pdf/OTnewsletter0409.pdf
The old OT and new OT capabilities can be determined through the logo. The old one has one green dot, the new one has two green dots.
--
Eric

Return to “Hvac, Heating Opentherm Forum”