Forum about Opentherm, Hvac, House heating, Boilers

Moderator: hvxl

dassie
Starting Member
Starting Member

Chronotherm Modulation (CMT) telecontact

Post by dassie »

Hi,

I'm new to domotica and my first project is to remote control my Chronotherm Modulation (CMTCMT937M1003) thermostat.
After some research I found out there must be a so called "telecontact" to do this.
This contact is described in the Chronotherm IV manual and shown in a Chronotherm Touch Youtube video but I cannot find the instruction for my thermostat.
Does anyone know which pins must be used? I attached a photo of the back.

Thanks in advance!
Attachments
CMT937M1003_back.jpg
CMT937M1003_back.jpg (80.35 KiB) Viewed 5256 times
Digit
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Chronotherm Modulation (CMT) telecontact

Post by Digit »

I do have the manual, but I couldn't find anything about which contacts to use.. nothing!
hvxl

Post by hvxl »

I have a different (probably older) model Chronotherm Modulation, which has 4 additional contacts marked (left to right) TE TE RT RT. The first two are the tele contact and the last two can be used to connect a remote temperature sensor. For your thermostat I found that a remote temperature sensor can be connected to contacts 3 and 4. So an educated guess would be that 1 and 2 are probably the tele contacts.

Instead of using the tele contact you could also use an opentherm gateway to control your thermostat. There are also other topics on this forum about it.

Schelte.
Schelte
Henk

Post by Henk »

With the older model with the TE contacts you have to enable the tele option first in the management menu i think it is option 6 you have to change from a 0 to 1 ..... Likely this information is not in the user manual.
Next press the i -button three times to set the tele temperatuur Try to connect terminals 1+2 or 3+4 to see if the display shows tele .... . Start tele by connecting those terminals - stop tele by disconnecting or push on start programma.

Henk
dassie
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by dassie »

Thanks for your quick responses!

When I connected contacts 1 & 2 the telephone symbol appeared after a few seconds. So I can confirm that contact 1 & 2 are the telecontacts. Note, as you already mentioned, I changed the tele param (9:tS) in the install menu to 1.

This Opentherm Gateway sounds very interesting, I'm going to look into it.

Return to “Hvac, Heating Opentherm Forum”