Forum about Opentherm, Hvac, House heating, Boilers

Moderator: hvxl

Zaphod
Starting Member
Starting Member

In the market for new CV

Post by Zaphod »

Hi,

I'm in the market for a new 'CV ketel' / Heating solution in the Netherlands. I already use Z-wave with Domotiga on my Raspberry Pi to control some lights and my Nespresso coffee machine.

What is the current status on central heating and zwave? What is my best option to be able to use a modulating control, which is also accessible over Zwave?
Zaphod
Starting Member
Starting Member

Re: In the market for new CV

Post by Zaphod »

<bump>
Nobody??
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Bwired »

No, not aware of zwave opentherm solutions for Hvac itself, thats why nobody answers I guess.
you can check this opentherm controller and work further from that....
http://www.domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=70&t=7242

There are also some zwave thermostats, not sure if they are opentherm
matthijskooijman

Post by matthijskooijman »

I recently also considered replacing my CV, but decided to keep my current installation for a bit more. However, I've contacted various manufacturers asking if they could tell me anything about their OpenTherm implementations and/or provide support if I would be talking OpenTherm to the boiler myself. My experiences might prove useful to some of you, so I'll summarize their responses. I've just contacted the regular Dutch customer support by mail in all cases.

Vaillant
They told me that not all boilers support OpenTherm and asked to call them instead. By telephone, they essentially said they could not say anything about their OpenTherm support or provide any support to end-users, with some vague story that they did not manufacture the opentherm parts. I got the feeling that the guy I was talking to didn't quite understand my point, or their own technology...

Remeha
They initially provided some reply about the KNX->Opentherm gateway, which wasn't really an answer to my question. They attached a mapping of OpenTherm identifiers to KNX identifiers, which didn't really say anything the Opentherm spec didn't already tell me. After a second mail, they said they cannot support anything Opentherm related and that doing so is also forbidden by the Opentherm association ("Vanuit Remeha is er geen ondersteuning op dit gebied (dit is vanuit de OpenTherm vereniging ook verboden)".

Nefit
They were the only ones to give me a clear answer on all questions I asked in my mail. They said their boilers use EMS instead of Opentherm, but there is an opentherm converter available which should be completely compliant to the opentherm specification. Because of additional questions, we had contact by telephone and, even though the end conclusion was that they couldn't really support direct use of Opentherm or EMS, I found that they were prepared to properly listen to my questions and to help finding alternative solutions. For example, they pointed out the existance of an "EED" module, which could be used to control my current ecomline boiler (and IIRC also EMS boilers, but I'm not sure about that) using a 0-10V signal for modulation. They also forwarded my call to their development division, since hte customer service didn't know if any EMS related documentation could be made public (to which the answer was unfortunately, no).

So, even though the answer wasn't the "Sure, here is some documentation, help yourself!" I was (vainly) hoping for, Nefit handled my questions in the most customer friendly way by far...

Intergas
Did not receive any reply at all (mailed them 7 days ago now).

Atag
Did not receive any reply at all (mailed them 20 days ago now).

Return to “Hvac, Heating Opentherm Forum”