image.jpg (62.9 KiB) Viewed 5732 times
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Re: color evohome

Post by Bwired »

Looks very nice!
Lots of attemps to open up the earlier version with no luck
But for this one there is an API promised by honeywell.
Then integration with Scheltes Opentherm Gateway :)

API and Integration - As always we’re interested in openness and ease of integration with other home automation systems. Honeywell say they are currently developing an API for Lutron in the US and are hopeful that it’s ‘only a matter of time’ before the system will be opened up and the application interface makes its way to the UK.
edek

Post by edek »

Received the unit yesterday afternoon, had it up and running (replacing the old model including setting up 8 zones and setting all schedules!) within 2 hours. Great interface, much better then the old version.

Installing the mobile access gateway was a breeze also, but I cannot access it with the iOS app and the unofficial Windows Phone 8 app, "cannot authenticate". Username and password are correct, I can access the website but cannot manage the Evohome through this, only account management.

Would be nice to be able to manage the house from the website, and I'm missing logging on the Evotouch itself (was available on the old model). Let's hope the apps will have some sort of push message feedback, would be nice to know if batteries of coupled devices are depleted, or if communications with one of them is lost without having to check the log actively (as with the old model).

Anyone else received the unit yet?
edek

Post by edek »

Solved one problem: the iOS app for iPad is only for US customers. There is a iOS app for European customers, but only for the iPhone. It is possible to change programs, and to set limited email notifications (comm loss, problems setting schedules). Will do for now, hope Fibaro or Homeseer will interface through the API soon.

The WP8 unofficial app is probably for US customers only, same behaviour as the iPad app, unusable.

Return to “Hvac, Heating Opentherm Forum”