OTG placed between iSense & Calenta 40L, how to proceed?

Forum about Opentherm, Hvac, House heating, Boilers

Moderator: hvxl

pwhooftman
Starting Member
Starting Member

OTG placed between iSense & Calenta 40L, how to proceed?

Post by pwhooftman »

Hi all,

I have manufactured the OpenTherm Gateway from http://www.opentherm-gateway.com/. The OT monitor is giving me bit timings for the boiler and thermostat in diagnostic mode. However, no graph or values whatsoever are shown in the main window of OTMonitor.

Also, how do i add the OTG in Domoticz to start tracking the values?

A part of the bit timing boiler values:

Thanks!
pwhooftman
Starting Member
Starting Member

Re: OTG placed between iSense & Calenta 40L, how to proceed?

Post by pwhooftman »

Update to myself:

- do load the gateway firmware instead of the diagnostic firmware :oops:
- do not use a dodgy 5m USB extension cable from china with 'built in amplifier' :oops: :oops:

i have run al troubleshootings steps at http://otgw.tclcode.com/debugging.html#power , i had to change the reference voltage (VR=2 to VR=5) to make the boiler start responding.

So, final step for me is to integrate it in Domoticz. From the Homeseer forum, i have learned i probably will have to write scripts. If anybody has scripts available i would be delighted to learn them from you.
hvxl

Post by hvxl »

pwhooftman wrote:i had to change the reference voltage (VR=2 to VR=5) to make the boiler start responding.
That sounds like there's something wrong with some components in the master interface of the gateway. The reference voltage is intended to tweak the interface towards the thermostat. It has hardly any influence on the interface towards the boiler.
Schelte
pwhooftman
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by pwhooftman »

hvxl wrote:
pwhooftman wrote:i had to change the reference voltage (VR=2 to VR=5) to make the boiler start responding.
That sounds like there's something wrong with some components in the master interface of the gateway. The reference voltage is intended to tweak the interface towards the thermostat. It has hardly any influence on the interface towards the boiler.
Hi, tweaking the reference voltage hasn't been necessary after that first attempt, i suspect i just was too impatient to let the gateway starting to work

Return to “Hvac, Heating Opentherm Forum”