Reading SDM120C Power meter

Forum about Smart meters for Energy, Gas and Water and all related
ovdleun
Starting Member
Starting Member

Reading SDM120C Power meter

Post by ovdleun »

Hi all,

I've bought a Eastron SDM120C power meter. it has also a pulse output on two pins (pin 6[-] and pin 7 [+]); However, how can I read the pulses? I tried to measure by connecting the + to a GPIO pin of my ESP12E, however it does not see it as a low/high voltage / interrupt. So anyone an idea how to count the pulses? I've heard about something link open collector, I've read the info page on that but still don't know how to use it with ESP12E / NodeMCU.

Any help appreciated. If one needs more information about the meter, please let me know.

Regards,
Onno.
eDsuB
Starting Member
Starting Member

Re: Reading SDM120C Power meter

Post by eDsuB »

What you need is a device that counts the pulses generated by the meter: The S0PCM-5 module of smartmeterdashboard can do that
(@ the board administrator: This is not meant as advertising my own stuff, therefore also no link. Just helping out. if this is not allowed, please delete this posting and allow me to appologise).
raymonvdm

Re: Reading SDM120C Power meter

Post by raymonvdm »

I think you need to connect the GND on one pin and a GPIO on the other pin. I think the S0 interface is acting like a littel switch
Running HS3PRO on PC with Z-Wave / OpenTherm / Plugwise / RFXcom / MQTT / XAP400 / Logitech Media Server and Squeezelite on PI`s

Return to “Smart Metering Forum”