My Smartmeter Install

Forum about Smart meters for Energy, Gas and Water and all related
Willem4ever
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

My Smartmeter Install

Post by Willem4ever »

Gas meters depends on the supplier and vary from place to place. Mine has a wireless connection to the smart meter
Smart 002.jpg
Smart 002.jpg (83.58 KiB) Viewed 20062 times
My websockets based meter - you can see the gasuage equals the meter reading
screen-capture.jpg
screen-capture.jpg (68.94 KiB) Viewed 20062 times
The Iskra meter and the arduino interface - software available at Github
Smart 001.jpg
Smart 001.jpg (141.72 KiB) Viewed 20062 times
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Re: My Smartmeter Install

Post by Bwired »

nice setup!
I received my Smartmeter today, now online op www.bwired.nl, will post my setup later here also!
Willem4ever
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Willem4ever »

screen-capture-1.jpg
screen-capture-1.jpg (46.26 KiB) Viewed 20007 times
A graph showing the tariff mode and usage for T1 & T2 over the last 48 hours at 17:00 you see a yellow bar stacked on a blue - at that moment the proper settings for T1 and T2 have been loaded into my smart meter. Blue and Red bars between 23:00 and 07:00 for T1 mode ( nacht / weekend ) - let's what it shows over the weekend.
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Bwired »

Thats the graph we want!
My new installed smartmeter is still on T1, have to wait till monday :)
btw: what are you using for generating the graph
WooTz
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by WooTz »

Hi Willem,

Looking good, i have been looking at this to do this perhaps with a netduino. Do you also have (want to) publish your schematic, as I''ve read about different voltages to the P1, either 3.3VDC or 5VDC.

BR
Martin
Willem4ever
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Willem4ever »

Yes I can share but have not put anything on paper it is so simple. I used HCPL-2202/12 low-input current opto-coupler to invert the signal and feedback the 5 volt from the Arduino as the request signal to the SmartMeter. The request signal should be between 4 and 5.5 volt according the specs. When I have time I will make a drawing but it is easy and you can figure it out yourself I guess.
WooTz
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by WooTz »

I think this is basically OK, I was thinking about a single optocoupler on the RX line (also to invert), and using a second optocoupler on a output pin to trigger the request line.
Storm
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Storm »

Well, just new here. Also have a smartmeter now and have figured out how to read it using an FTDI cable and the P1 port.
ISKRA MT382
ISKRA MT382
Schermafbeelding 2012-11-08 om 21.00.14.jpg (66.74 KiB) Viewed 19844 times
Have bought already an Arduino board (Mega v3) with ethernet shield as I would like to run a webinterface on the Arduino. So, data from P1 port into Arduino, process data and display via IP on other devices. Still looking for that Arduino software (have no experience al all with Arduino)

Meanwhile also contacted Endinet to connect the water pulsemeter (ELSTER PR6 pulsecounter) to the M-BUS. The M-BUS is behind a seal :( Will hear more next week if this is possible. That way I can read electricity, gas and water using the smart meter.

What strikes me is that the electricity meter counts the day and night use seperately, and according to Endinet my energysupplier will add these two figures to one total. (I have no agreement on day/night tariff plan).

My solarpanels also supply some energy. Have 4000Wp on my roof, however the values of my Solarmax 4200S do not show the same is my smartmeter.

Would like to combine all that info into one webpage in my Arduino..or another solution?
Smart Meters:
Electricity ISKRA MT382
Gas Landis+Gyr E06140

Solar: Solarmax 4200S

Arduino Mega 2560 v3 + Ethernet shield
PANLGU2
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by PANLGU2 »

Harry

Post by Harry »

today they have installed , a smartmeter too in my house :( i was logging my power usage, and gas usage whith an rfxcom pulscounter.
now i have to find a way too read the smartmeter thing.....i have seen that there is an blinking LED on the power meter, looks like i can use this like i used it on my old meter only this one has 1000 counds instead of 10.000 count a Kwh.
only problem is that it keeps blinking when a deliver power back too the powergrid (course of solarpanels). this masses up the total poweruse.?
gas use i used the mirror in the oldmeter countingdisplay,...now it's all digital. :(

I think i cannot use my rfxcom hardware anymore now for the logging.
i am confussed what hardware too use now?

where i am looking for is only the power and gas counts in homeseer as i always have done whith the rfxcom setup.
the server is not near the powercabinet, has to be an wireless or LAN solution. :?:

Return to “Smart Metering Forum”