Reading the ZIV METERING 5CTDE1F Meter (IEC 62056-21)

Forum about Smart meters for Energy, Gas and Water and all related
Javierete
Starting Member
Starting Member

Reading the ZIV METERING 5CTDE1F Meter (IEC 62056-21)

Post by Javierete »

Hello!

I think is my first message here (registered a while ago), but reading in "second plane".

Interesting topic! Here in Spain, the electrical company are installing new smart meters and I want to read the data from IR port. Few weeks ago started to investigate how to do and found this message.

I have a ZIV METERING 5CTDE1F Meter
The manual (sorry Spanish): http://www.meteringsolutions.ziv.es/doc ... 07Av00.pdf

If you see the manual, says that the optical port complies the IEC 61107 and uses 60870-5-102, in Chapter 7 (Display) the manual says that the format of visualization is 62056-61 "ready"

Do you think I'll be capable of reading the data? BTW the cable they sell is very expensive (about 200 euros) maybe anyone have an schematic?

Best regards and thanks in advance
Udo
Starting Member
Starting Member

Re: Reading the ZIV METERING 5CTDE1F Meter (IEC 62056-21)

Post by Udo »

Hi,
Javierete wrote:Do you think I'll be capable of reading the data?
Yes, you can... ;)
Javierete wrote:BTW the cable they sell is very expensive (about 200 euros) maybe anyone have an schematic?
What do you mean with "cable"?
If you want to read out the data of the meter, you have to use the ir-port. Thats the two LEDs in the middle of the meter.
For this you have to use an ir-head like this one:
http://wiki.volkszaehler.org/hardware/c ... sb-ausgang
Than you can try to read the data with a programm like Hterm or another seriel client.
For a first try you can use the cam of your mobile. When the meter sends its data on its own, you see one of the LEDs blinking.
If not, you have to send an intial-string to the meter first. For this you need an ir-head.

Regards
Udo
Javierete
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Javierete »

Hi Udo! missed this reply and I see it now.

About two weeks ago discovered: http://wiki.volkszaehler.org and ordered the components to make a reading IR-Head.

The schematic and board I used is: http://wiki.volkszaehler.org/hardware/c ... b-lesekopf all components are the same except R2 2.2K instead of 2.4K (no stock).

Today I had the first "test run" first with test1107 and I'm obtaining timeout. This evening I began to use hterm software (tested 300 and 9600) but still no luck.

I will comment my archievements.. Does anyone have more suggestions?

Regards and excuse my english.
Udo
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Udo »

Javierete wrote:The schematic and board I used is: http://wiki.volkszaehler.org/hardware/c ... b-lesekopf all components are the same except R2 2.2K instead of 2.4K (no stock).
Hi,

I do not know if at that time the new circuit was already online.
There is a better version of the IR-head: http://wiki.volkszaehler.org/hardware/c ... tl-ausgang

But anyway, the old version is also sufficient.

For a first test you should keep the ir-head 1-2 cm over a white surface. Then, with Hterm, send a few characters, this should then be displayed again in Hterm.
If so, your ir-head works. If not, there is something wrong with the ir-head or the further connection to your PC.

Did you test the meter with the cam of your mobile?

Regards
Udo
Javierete
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Javierete »

Hi Udo and thanks for your answer!

Didn't know the new version, by the way I've tested with a white sheet and the head is working (I see repeated characters) so I think the head is okay.
I'm thinking now, that the meter is blocked or maybe have the IR port disabled. The meter's manual says:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Optical port: IEC 61107 compilant
Signals Used: RX - TX
Implemented communication protocol: IEC 60870-5-102
Speed: 9600 Baud (of course I've tried with this speed).
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

As I see, perhaps there's a difference between reading IEC 61107 and IEC 60870-5-102 protocols... probably do you know something about it?

I will test further and with another meter brands as I have access to them (SAGECOM brand).

Regards and have a good christmas!

Ps. the mobile cam test was the first test I used but the meter doesn't output any signal.
Udo
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Udo »

Javierete wrote: IEC 60870-5-102 protocols... probably do you know something about it?
I'm sorry. But there are many publications about IEC60870-5-102 in the net.

Regards
Udo
Javierete
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Javierete »

Hello and happy new year!

The head is working now, but it's a different protocol so.. different messages as IEC 60870-5-102 protocol says.

If anyone want to test it, just for information, the start message is:

10 49 01 00 4A 16 (HEX)
10 is the start character
49 is Link request status function
01 00 is slave number in backwards (slave 00 01)
4A CHECKSUM
16 End Character

Then, the counter should respond with 10 0B 01 00 0C 16 showing that all goes well.

Maybe you (udo) are the designer of this head? What are the improvements of the new version? I'm waiting for the components for the new head scheme and will try because I'm obtaining timeouts sometimes.

Regards!
Udo
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Udo »

Javierete wrote:Maybe you (udo) are the designer of this head? What are the improvements of the new version?
Happy new year to you too.

Yes, I'm the designer.
The new version has increased receiver sensitivity and the components are cheaper.

Fine that its working now for you.
After the start message:
<---10 49 01 00 4A 16
--->10 0B 01 00 0C 16
What happens next?
Javierete wrote:because I'm obtaining timeouts sometimes.
Maybe the latency of your system is to high or to low

Regards
Udo
Javierete
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Javierete »

Hi Udo!

Good for increased receiver sensitivity! Because I think my timeout problem is related to RX side. Perhaps, I'll mount the head on wednesday. Currently testing with hterm, sending and receiving works but as I commented above, sometimes I must send two or three times in order to obtain response.

The next step after receiving <10 0B 01 00 0C 16> is to reset the meter port (to flush meter port) it's like a restart of comms.

The "reset" message is: 10 40 01 00 41 16 (FUNCTION 40=RESET)
Then, the meter respond with an ACK <10 00 01 00 0C 16>

The next is to login to the meter with a password, here, the meters have 1, 2 or 7 as passwords:
-> 68 0D 0D 68 73 01 00 B7 01 06 01 00 00 02 00 00 00 35 16

68 0D 0D 68 are: 68 (always have this value)x2 0D x2 (lenght)
73 Function code
01 00 Slave number
B7 Type identifier
01 How much info objects
06 Cause of TX (in this case 06= activation)
01 Measure point (always 1)
00 00 Reg address (always 0)
02 00 00 00 is the password
35 Checksum
16 End char.

I'm still testing and figuring out the complete protocol, when password is introduced, the meter responds with and ACK, and then, you can request measures or registers. But still testing out this.

If you want to contact me: javierete @ gmail . com

Regards!

Return to “Smart Metering Forum”