HS3 MQTT Plugin

Alles m.b.t. de Homeseer MQTT Broker Plugin van Willem Eradus (Dutch Forum)

Moderator: Willem4ever

Re: HS3 MQTT Plugin

Postby taylormia » Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:43 pm

You will have to use a couple of events to sync the actual POWER status of the Sonoff with the Control device. I explained how to do this in the guide I put together which is referenced in my previous post.
taylormia
Starting Member
Starting Member

Postby taylormia » Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:11 pm

I have an MQTT broker that works when I publish a topic/payload to turn off and on a Sonoff S20 plug with MQTT firmware.

But I have tried various things to be able to control a non-MQTT (i.e Zwave) device by publishing the default topic "homeseer/device reference ID/value" and payload/message=99 to turn the switch on, with no luck.

I'm not sure what I'm missing.

My device is a Homeseer Dimmer Zwave switch with Reference ID 182. I also have a websockets MQTT client to publish control topics and subscribe to status messages.

Can someone tell me what to configure in the MQTT plugin to be able to turn on/off this switch by publishing an MQTT topic/message from outside of HS3 i.e. an external MQTT client?

Thanks
taylormia
Starting Member
Starting Member

Postby taylormia » Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:46 pm

I have created a subscription in HS3 for the light switch I want to control and have created an event with "Publish Custom Topic" to manually turn off the light. When I trigger the event, I see it in the log but the light does not turn off. What am I missing? See screenshots below.

This is the device I want to control that I have created a subscription for:

Here is the subscription for the above device:

Here is the event to turn off the light by publishing the topic of the subscription above:

Here is the log showing that the pubished topic was received with a payload of "0" i.e. Off.

taylormia
Starting Member
Starting Member

Postby taylormia » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:39 pm

Question for Geert-Jan (Plugin Author) or anybody in the know:

Can a non-MQTT enabled Homeseer device be controlled via MQTT? If so, how?

Thanks
taylormia
Starting Member
Starting Member

Postby taylormia » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:41 pm

Finally, I have been able to control an HS3 Zwave device via MQTT from an external source. Thanks to @Eman for his patience and pointing me in the right direction.
The HS3 device I want to control is a HS3 HS-WD100+ which is controlled by a Homeseer ZNET.

First I add a Manual Subscription in the HS3 MQTT Plugin for the topic "familyroom/light" which creates a virtual MQTT subscription device you see below:

Then, I create an Event that uses the payload value of the MQTT "familyroom/light" subscription device as a trigger to cause the action of turning off the Zwave HS3 switch device "Family Room Light"

The external source for the MQTT message is Node-Red where I inject i.e Publish the "familyroom/light" topic to the MQTT broker with a payload of "0"

HS3 by way of the MQTT Plugin subscribes to this topic via the subscription device "familyroom/light" and the Event "Turn Family Room Light Off" causes the HS3 Zwave switch to be turned Off
taylormia
Starting Member
Starting Member

Postby rgerrans » Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:36 am

I'm brand new to HomeSeer and am just using it to connect my Zwave devices to Node-Red. For the control side I've just been setting up virtual devices with the same Status Values as my physical devices and then linking the virtual device to the physical device. That seems a lot simpler to me than setting up a bunch of one off events.
rgerrans
Starting Member
Starting Member

Postby taylormia » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:38 pm

Can you show and example with screenshots from Node-Red and Homeseer?
taylormia
Starting Member
Starting Member

Previous

Return to Homeseer MQTT Plugin Forum