HS3 MQTT Plugin

Alles m.b.t. de Homeseer MQTT Broker Plugin van Willem Eradus (Dutch Forum)

Moderator: Willem4ever

geert-jan

Re: HS3 MQTT Plugin

Post by geert-jan »

Hi,

in the "MQTT / Publish" configuration screen you can change the default topic name. (for the value update only, the string value is always published using the default topic)

Regards,
Geert-Jan
Mario from Spain

Post by Mario from Spain »

Hi Geert-Jan

After some months using your plugin, since few days ago it's crashing often.

I turned on LOGLEVEL_ERROR and I found a lot of errors: "Error: Could not get device EDO. Exception=System.NullReferenceException: Referencia a objeto no establecida como instancia de un objeto. en HSPI_MQTT.HS3MQTT.getEDO(DeviceClass dv)"
"Referencia a objeto no establecida como instancia de un objeto. en " minds: "Reference to object isn't established as a instance of the object at..."

I'm using HS 3.0.0.297 and plugin 1.5.0.0 on Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bits

I don't know if it's related to the problem. Any hints to start troubleshooting? My system rely a lot on MQTT and your plugin and starting from scratch is something I would like to avoid.

Thank you.

Mario
geert-jan

Post by geert-jan »

Mario,

did you upgrade from a previous MQTT version recently?
The error points to the fact that the plugin cannot find the MQTT configuration stored for the device.

Can you check the content of the MQTT plugin / Subscription page. You should egt an overview of all the MQTT topics, including the Homeseer devices, you are subscribed to. Next, select the 'Edit' button for one of the homeseer devices, the subpage MQTT should show the device configuration. What do you see in the logging if you change an item and click save?

Regards,
Geert-Jan
Mario from Spain

Hi Geert-Jan

Thank you very much for your quick anwer. Thanks to your hints I think it's working fine again.

I went into each device selecting the "Edit" button and everything looked normal, so I went again into each one of the devices pressing the Save button in the MQTT tab and the Done button in the main tab. This did the trick, now I don't see errors anymore. :D

Thank you!

Barto
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Barto »

Everytime i start up Homeseer, I find that "Monitor MQTT Broker" is disabled?

Can I alter this? Is this a Bug?

See attached.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2018-03-28 at 14.37.08.png
Screen Shot 2018-03-28 at 14.37.08.png (233.31 KiB) Viewed 33793 times
geert-jan

Post by geert-jan »

Hi,

the 'monitor' broker setting is non-persistent. Idea at the moment of implementing was to prevent a flood on subscriptions, so it is not a bug - it is a feature.

Regards,
Geert-Jan
vincenttor

Post by vincenttor »

Geert-jan,

have you seen my topic ?
i was wondering if you know if this could be solved in the plugin or if this is a problem in HS ?
viewtopic.php?f=74&t=11993
rgerrans
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by rgerrans »

I was trying to troubleshoot an MQTT Publish but the full list of devices won't render (I'm on the newest version of Chrome Beta) on the MQTT Publish settings page. Anyone else having this issue (this was both before and after the update to the latest HomeSeer version)?
rgerrans
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by rgerrans »

I was trying to troubleshoot an MQTT Publish but the full list of devices won't render (I'm on the newest version of Chrome Beta) on the MQTT Publish settings page.
Nevermind, figured it out. It was due to not assigning a room to my Outdoor "Floor" devices. Once I added an "Outdoor" room they started showing up.
Inshakoor
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Inshakoor »

Hey all,

I’ve recently installed the MQTT plugin for HS3 (Windows) and am using it with Eclipse Mosquitto MQTT, Home Assistant (Hass.io), and Node Red. My issue is that every day or two (I haven’t been able to pin down a pattern or a cause yet) under Publish, some of my Topic names are deleted and the Value and String are cleared as well. This of course causes Node Red to be unable to communicate with those devices. This is getting quite frustrating and I can’t seem to figure it out. Any help or suggestions on this would be appreciated. Thank you.
geert-jan

Post by geert-jan »

Hi,

is HS restarted in the meanwhile?
Can you enable the logging in the MQTT plugin (MQTT Config page, set loglevel to WARN). What is in the logging when you disable and enable the plugin. It seems that the settings are not stored in the database, maybe the logging gives me more info.

Regards,
Geert-Jan
Inshakoor
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Inshakoor »

I’m so sorry for the long delay. I do restart HS3 from time to time but I can’t correlate the issue with restarting HS3 from time to time.

Below are the warning logs for disabling and enabling the MQTT plugin:

Feb-17 13:13:06
Plug-In
Finished initializing plug-in MQTT

Starting Plug-In
MQTT loaded in 2527 milliseconds

Starting Plug-In
Plugin MQTT started successfully in 1833 milliseconds

MQTT
Info: start

Feb-17 13:13:05
MQTT
Info: UpgradeMQTTPublishDevices: Upgraded 0 devices

Feb-17 13:13:04
Starting Plug-In
Initializing plugin MQTT ...

Feb-17 13:13:04
Info
Plugin MQTT has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:54935

Feb-17 13:12:29
MQTT
Info: stop

Feb-17 13:12:29
Plug-In
Shutting down Plug-In: MQTT

Please let me know if any other information you may need. Thank you!
Mario from Spain

Hi.

How can I remove a subscription from the list (unsubscribe to a topic)?

I don't want to delete de HS device, only the subscription so the plugin ignores it.

Thank you.

Mario

Return to “Homeseer MQTT Plugin Forum”