This Forum is about the Opentherm gateway (OTGW) from Schelte

Moderator: hvxl

wanttoknow
Starting Member
Starting Member

OTGW with Landis&Staefa / Landis&Gyr

Post by wanttoknow »

Hi there!

has somebody already tested the OT-Gateway with a Lands & Gyr / Landis & Staefa (now Siemens) RVP65 connected to a QAA70 ?
Years ago when I installed the room thermostat, I first bougt a QAA73, which did not work with the RVP65.
So I think this type of heating controller uses an older version of OpenTherm protocol. The RVP65 has been produced since 1991 I think.

THX in advance
& greetings from Thuringia
Templar

Re: OTGW with Landis&Staefa / Landis&Gyr

Post by Templar »

Hello,

After reading the Header and Change Control History page of the The OpenTherm Communications Protocol, Protocol Specification it looks like the Lands & Gyr / Landis & Staefa RVP65 doesn't support the Opentherm protocol because of its age. It predates the protocol by 5 to 7 years.
wanttoknow
Starting Member
Starting Member

Re: OTGW with Landis&Staefa / Landis&Gyr

Post by wanttoknow »

Thanks for your reply!

Now I know the RVP65 and QAA70 are using a protocol called PPS, sometimes also called H-Bus and LPB-Bus, based on RS485.
Its using 11bit per byte and I haven't found yet any documentation for it. Eventually its identical with the "BatiBus", which was used in older building control systems
(Google gives some results).
On http://www.marjorie.de/heizung/heizung40.htm someone was reading out some details (only in German).
After reading this you 'only' have to write a software to convert the data into your needs.

Hope this will help, if someone will find this article because of the same constellation like mine.

Return to “Opentherm Gateway Forum”