Remeha iSense, Remeha Tzerra and firmware 4.0.1

This Forum is about the Opentherm gateway (OTGW) from Schelte

Moderator: hvxl

coolpluggy
Starting Member
Starting Member

Remeha iSense, Remeha Tzerra and firmware 4.0.1

Post by coolpluggy »

Back in 2012 I build an Opentherm gateway and it worked flawlessly with firmware version 3.
The thermostat is the Remeha iSense and the boiler the Remeha Tzerra.

Recently I became interested in building my own room control system, so firmware 4.0.1 with the standalone operation mode seems a good candidate to realize it.

However, I can't get working firmware 4.0.1 properly. Only the the monitor mode functions well.
In gateway mode only Txxxxxxxx, "error 01" and "error 03" messages are received.
The standalone mode doesn't work at all. The message "thermostat disconnected" appears and that's it.

I have run the diagnostic firmware and all tests are passed (give the expected results).
Reinstalling the old firmware 3 makes everything working well again.

Anyone any idea what could cause this?

Best regards,
Frank
hvxl

Re: Remeha iSense, Remeha Tzerra and firmware 4.0.1

Post by hvxl »

After "Thermostat disconnected", the gateway should at least start transmitting messages and print RXXXXXXXX reports. It will already do that on the test bench with nothing connected to any of the opentherm interfaces. If "Thermostat disconnected" is the last thing you see, something is very wrong.

The default for firmware 4.0.1 is not to report Error 01. You may have copied the IT setting from the 3.4 firmware to override the default. Try switching it off with IT=1.
Schelte

Return to “Opentherm Gateway Forum”