This Forum is about the Opentherm gateway (OTGW) from Schelte

Moderator: hvxl

random
Starting Member
Starting Member

Setpoint on Honeywell Wireless Modulation CM957 not working

Post by random »

Hello,

I am unable to override the setpoint on the honeywell chronotherm wireless modulation thermostat from otmonitor. I have tried TT and TC commands but eventually, nothing happens :( .

From reading the equipment matrix I understand this should work, or am I wrong?

I have attached a logfile from otmonitor. Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction to get this working. Thanks in advance!

(had some problems attaching the file, log is available here: http://we.tl/F6vFusX4U5)
hvxl

Re: Setpoint on Honeywell Wireless Modulation CM957 not working

Post by hvxl »

The fact that the thermostat requests a remote override room setpoint does give the impression that it supports the feature. However, it may be using some standard firmware library that is used for both wired and wireless thermostat and perhaps the functionality to send a setpoint over the RF interface is not implemented. If I remember correctly there was another user having trouble finding a wireless thermostat where the setpoint could be controlled.

In any case, the logs show that the gateway does what it is supposed to do. The thermostat even repeats the request a couple of times when the override setpoint is changed, just like a wired honeywell thermostat does. But then yours does not act on the provided value. On the wired thermostats there is a setting to enable the feature, but that doesn't seem to be available on the CM957. Have you tried if setting the slider switch to AUTO or MAN makes any difference?
Schelte
random
Starting Member
Starting Member

Re: Setpoint on Honeywell Wireless Modulation CM957 not working

Post by random »

Thank you for the fast reply.

I have tried setting the thermostat to auto, manual and frost mode. Unfortunately, none of the modes seem to do anything with the remote override command. I think you are correct at assuming the RF interface is not implemented. I also noticed the room temperature "reported from the thermostat" is fixed at 20 and does not correspond to the real room temperature.

So I assume I am just out of luck with my thermostat, or is there anything else I can do/try to control the temperature with the OTGW?

Return to “Opentherm Gateway Forum”