Simple override usage

This Forum is about the Opentherm gateway (OTGW) from Schelte

Moderator: hvxl

EnnaN
Starting Member
Starting Member

Simple override usage

Post by EnnaN »

A simple "did I get it right" question: I'm looking for a setup where I can, at first, remotely override the target-temperature I set in my thermostat. Currently I don't trust myself enough to go on and make subtle systems that are smart enough to heat the room (the whole "swing from overheating to undercooling" thing).

I have a thermostat, my boiler understands opentherm as far as I know, but I want to know: am I correct in thinking that with an OTGW I can, for instance when I'm unexpectedly away, override the normal "heat the house at 1800" that the thermostat does? Followup question would of course be how hard it is to actually send this override signal from within my network (or VPN).

It's a kind of basic question, but I have to start somewhere :)

(ps: I'm looking at the OTGW as later on I want to connect it to my domoticz system, but as it is the heating of my house a simple functioning would be best to start with :) )
(pps: the boiler is a ferolli megadens 5, it is in the hardware compatibility list. the thermostat as well, it is a ferolli romeo)
hvxl

Re: Simple override usage

Post by hvxl »

Unfortunately, not a lot of thermostats are prepared to take a setpoint override from their opentherm interface. The opentherm message IDs defined for that function are 9, and to a lesser extent 100. The equipment matrix shows that the Romeo is requesting these message IDs, which is a positive sign. However, that doesn't necessarily mean it will do anything with the response it gets. I don't know either way. Hopefully some friendly otgw user who owns a Ferroli Romeo will chime in.
Schelte

Return to “Opentherm Gateway Forum”