Opentherm Gateway Graph (web page) enhancement request

This Forum is about the Opentherm gateway (OTGW) from Schelte

Moderator: hvxl

yjb

Opentherm Gateway Graph (web page) enhancement request

Post by yjb »

Hi Schelte,

Not sure if this is feasible, but I was wondering if it would possible to add timestamps to the graph page in the web GUI? While one can see timestamps in the otmonitor GUI (using tooltips), it seems that this information is missing in the webgui. But then, maybe I did overlook something.

I'm also wondering if it would be possible to extend the timeframe (as a user configurable option in the conf file?). Right now it seems to be 2 hours, but having a graphical overview that spans a longer timeframe would be nice.

I've tried to look at the source for an easy hack, but I can't figure out how to do it. I'm also lacking knowledge on tcl (for instance how can I build a new executable from the otmonitor.vfs tree)

Thanks for looking into this,
Ysbrand
hvxl

Re: Opentherm Gateway Graph (web page) enhancement request

Post by hvxl »

yjb wrote:I'm also wondering if it would be possible to extend the timeframe (as a user configurable option in the conf file?). Right now it seems to be 2 hours, but having a graphical overview that spans a longer timeframe would be nice.

I've tried to look at the source for an easy hack, but I can't figure out how to do it.
On line 20 of otmonitor.tcl, change 7200 to 7500 for 2 hours and 5 minutes. :)
Schelte
yjb

Post by yjb »

Thanks Schelte,

I looked indeed at the source before, and noticed the "7200" value. My problem is that I'm not really familiar with TCL, and I have no clue how to "compile" things back into a single executable. I've tried to Google stuff, and maybe I didn't spend enough time on it, but I just haven't figured it out.

Can you please provide some guidance (pointers to RTFM is ok as well)?

Thanks,
Ysbrand
mike7

Post by mike7 »

yjb wrote:Thanks Schelte,
Can you please provide some guidance (pointers to RTFM is ok as well)?
http://otgw.tclcode.com/otmonsrc.html
yjb

Post by yjb »

Thanks Mike, apparently I missed that piece.
hvxl

Post by hvxl »

I have just updated that page to actually describe how to put everything back together into a single file, rather than just running things unpacked.
Schelte
yjb

Post by yjb »

Thanks Schelte, much appreciated!
hvxl

Post by hvxl »

OTmonitor 4.2.1 will now show the time of each vertical grid line at the bottom of the graph. Is that satisfactory?
Schelte
yjb

Post by yjb »

Thanks Schelte, just installed the new version, and it works as expected. Keep up the good work!
emmeesse68
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by emmeesse68 »

hvxl wrote:On line 20 of otmonitor.tcl, change 7200 to 7500 for 2 hours and 5 minutes. :)
I tried putting a value of 43200 to get 12 hrs worth graph throught my web browser but I still ger 2 hours... did I misunderstand the meaning of the "span" variable? Is it for the web interface or for the GUI only? A quick search in the otmonitor.tcl code shows it is set to 86400 on line 1457, I see no other usage of it ("span" appears just on these two lines)... Version 4.2.4.1 by the way... whad did I do wrong?
yjb

Post by yjb »

Hi,

The span value in otmonitor.tcl sets how long the data is being retained by the monitor (at least that's my understanding)
Beyond that you will also need to update the graphing capability in "graph.svg.tmpl"; the variable you are looking for is maxx (default 1440).

Ysbrand
emmeesse68
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by emmeesse68 »

yjb wrote:Hi,

The span value in otmonitor.tcl sets how long the data is being retained by the monitor (at least that's my understanding)
Beyond that you will also need to update the graphing capability in "graph.svg.tmpl"; the variable you are looking for is maxx (default 1440).

Ysbrand
Thanks Ysbrand,

I modified the "span" variable to 86400 (24hrs) and adjusted the "maxx" in the "graph.svg.tmpl" accordingly (I guessed that the default 1440 meant the same 2 hrs of the default 7200 of the "span" variable, so I multiplied 1440 times 12 and used 17280).

Made the change yesterday... So far, it's working. In a day or two I will have confirmation if it's working as intended.

Cheers,

m

Return to “Opentherm Gateway Forum”