Remeha set outside temperature using MQTT

This Forum is about the Opentherm gateway (OTGW) from Schelte

Moderator: hvxl

ModbusMan
Starting Member
Starting Member

Remeha set outside temperature using MQTT

Post by ModbusMan »

My OTG is connected to a Rehema iSense thermostat (from 2009) I am using otmonitor running as a daemon on a raspberry pi and communicate with otmonitor using MQTT.
Everything works great as far as reading out data from the thermostat and boiler.

Now I would like to go a step further and send the "outside temperature" to the thermostat. I've tried to publish the value to the MQTT topic "outside" as well as "outsideTemperature". Still not able to see anything on either the otmonitor status or messages webpages.

Is it actually possible to set the outside temperature in this way? If so, how?

Thanks
MindBender
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Re: Remeha set outside temperature using MQTT

Post by MindBender »

OTG? MQTT? OMGWTFROFLOLWUTBBQ?

Anyway; Remeha Celcia 20 and iSense thermostats read their outdoor temperature from the boiler, which must be equipped with an analog outside temperature sensor. On the Celcia 20, it was accessible by a press on the information button. On the iSense it's burried too deep in the menu to be of any practric use. Both thermostats use it in their control algorithm though.
hvxl

Post by hvxl »

Setting the outside temperature via MQTT isn't currently supported. I've put it on the feature request list for a future version of otmonitor.
Schelte
ModbusMan
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by ModbusMan »

@hvxl Thanks. Is it possible to set any other setpoints via MQTT in the current version of otmonitor. Or is MQTT for reading OTGW data only.

I also tried sending data directly to the OTGW via the serial port using a bash script whilst otmonitor is running but that seems to mess things up. Guess too many apps sending data at the same time to one serial port is not such a good idea...
hvxl

Post by hvxl »

Oops, looking at the code I see that setting the outside temperature through MQTT is supposed to be possible in the current version of otmonitor. The topic to use is: actions/otmonitor/outside, assuming you didn't change the MQTT Device Identifier from the default of otmonitor. Otherwise adjust accordingly. The only other supported topic is actions/otmonitor/setpoint. I assume you can guess what that does.

Having multiple applications interfacing with a single serial port at the same time is usually not going to work. Besides MQTT, there are only 3 ways for scripts to interact with the gateway via otmonitor:
  1. Send a command over TCP to the Remote Access relay server.
  2. Issue a command as a query string to the web interface /command path.
  3. Using the dbus com.tclcode.otmonitor.Command method at the / path.
I admit that the options are a bit limited. :roll:
Schelte
ModbusMan
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by ModbusMan »

Sorry for the late reply...

Must admit that I never got the MQTT publish function to work. Now I use MQTT to read the info and the web interface to send the outside temperature to my Remeha iSense thermostat. Works great using Fhem together with a RPI. :)
raymonvdm

Post by raymonvdm »

MQTT Seems to be working :-)

Running HS3PRO on PC with Z-Wave / OpenTherm / Plugwise / RFXcom / MQTT / XAP400 / Logitech Media Server and Squeezelite on PI`s

Return to “Opentherm Gateway Forum”