Measuring return water temp of an Intergas boiler

This Forum is about the Opentherm gateway (OTGW) from Schelte

Moderator: hvxl

juan
Starting Member
Starting Member

Measuring return water temp of an Intergas boiler

Post by juan »

I’ve an Intergas Kombi Kompakt 28 boiler and it doesn’t report the CH return water temperature in Otmonitor. Since the CH boiler water temperature and the return water temperature are the most important things to monitor for me at this moment, I thought of using the outside temperature function of OTmonitor to measure the return water temperature by connecting a DS18B20 sensor to the OTGW and attach the sensor to the return water pipe of my boiler.
But… is Otmonitor sending this temperature data to the thermostat by default if a sensor is connected to the GPIO B port? If it does, I’m afraid it won’t work :(
Last edited by juan on Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
hvxl

Re: Measuring return water temp on an Intergas boiler

Post by hvxl »

Have you investigated why the return water temperature isn't reported in otmonitor? It's possible that the boiler isn't able to provide this information, but it could also be that the thermostat simply doesn't request it. In that last case there may be an easy fix: Let the gateway request it instead.

If you want to use a DS18B20 connected to GPIO B for something other than the outside temperature, you will have to modify the firmware.
Schelte
juan
Starting Member
Starting Member

Re: Measuring return water temp of an Intergas boiler

Post by juan »

I’m afraid boiler isn't able to provide this information. I did sent an AA=28 code (in gateway mode) and still I can’t get any return water information from the boiler (OTmonitor gives ???).

I'll not be able to modify the firmware so that’s not an option for me :(

So if I understand it right, when a DS18B20 sensor is connected to the GPIO B port, it controls the behavior of the thermostat as if there was an (original, analog) outside temperature sensor connected directly to the thermostat?

In the thermostat menu, the option for the remote (outside temp sensor) is: Remote sensor 0 No remote sensor

In the meantime I try to make a temperature data logger with a Raspberry Pi so I can measure the boiler water temperature and the returnwater temperature :)

Return to “Opentherm Gateway Forum”