This Forum is about the Opentherm gateway (OTGW) from Schelte

Moderator: hvxl

joho500
Starting Member
Starting Member

USB Gateway no response on diagnostics

Post by joho500 »

Hi all,

I have a pre-assembled gateway, USB-type. First I flashed the gateway firmware and connected the thermostat. No respons and the display of the thermostat shows 'Wiring error'. For testing I attached the boiler and I did receive good data from that side.
To diagnose the problem with the thermostat side I flashed the diagnostic firmware. I get no respons entering options 2 and 3. Option 5 shows 0.00V both for the thermostat and the boiler and a reference voltage of 1.21V.

Does this mean that the gateway is physically broken? Or is something else wrong?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Joost
hvxl

Re: USB Gateway no response on diagnostics

Post by hvxl »

Unless you ran test 5 with the thermostat connector shorted, it should not show 0V for the thermostat. Given that the thermostat can be powered from the gateway, the problem can't be much else than a bad connection of R5.

However, I assume you ordered a pre-assembled gateway because you're not very comfortable with a soldering iron. If there's also not an acquaintance nearby who can help you sort out the problem around R5, you'll have to contact the webshop for a return request.
Schelte
joho500
Starting Member
Starting Member

Re: USB Gateway no response on diagnostics

Post by joho500 »

Thanks. I'll try to solder it myself and see if it helps.

Joost

Return to “Opentherm Gateway Forum”