Windows 10 driver installation error

This Forum is about the Opentherm gateway (OTGW) from Schelte

Moderator: hvxl

Nightlens1
Starting Member
Starting Member

Windows 10 driver installation error

Post by Nightlens1 »

Opentherm gateway monitor used to run flawlessly on my win7 computer. After installation of windows 10, I cant get it to work anymore, as I get an error with the installation of driver "Prolific USB-to-Serial Comm Port (Com3)". This is consistent with two computers I tested. The gateway itself still works well with my raspberry.
Any solution to solve this problem?
D_Hailsham
Starting Member
Starting Member

Re: Windows 10 driver installation error

Post by D_Hailsham »

Download and install the correct driver!

Open Device Manager (right click window at bottom left)
Find the device
Right click and select Update Driver software.

You can also download the drivers from the Prolific website - Google: windows 10 driver prolific usb to serial comm port
Nightlens1
Starting Member
Starting Member

Re: Windows 10 driver installation error

Post by Nightlens1 »

I tried the auto update before but that didn't work. On your advice installed the latest driver of prolific, which didn't work neither. There was however a note on the site saying
Windows 8/8.1/10 are NOT supported in PL-2303HXA and PL-2303X EOL chip versions.
This made me look if other encountered the same problem, which revealed that the prolific driver is more problematic in windows 10.

Found a solution here (reinstall older driver from before the win 10 installation). answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for ... fcf?auth=1

Unfortunately there is no Prolific USB-to-Serial Comm Port Version: 3.3 on my computer, only a version 2.0. Which doesn't work neither.

Are there others that actually have there OTGW running on windows 10?

Return to “Opentherm Gateway Forum”