This Forum is about the Opentherm gateway (OTGW) from Schelte

Moderator: hvxl

attila0325
Starting Member
Starting Member

Immergas Victrix TT vs Opentherm

Post by attila0325 »

Hello all,

I want use an Immergas Victrix TT 12 X ErP condensing boiler in my heating system (with external Indirecth DHW storage), but I'am not sure, that this boiler use this opentherm protocol.
I found only one Czeh site, there are some information, what says, the controllers using OT.

I want control the complete home with Siemens S7-300 series PLC. I can communicate with the OTGW over RS232 interface, and I have an industrial RS232/ethernet converter too. (Phoenix Contact comm server)

The boiler:
immergas.com/en/product?title=VICTRIX%2 ... %202%20ErP

Immergas controllers:
http://www.bcb-plzen.eu/immergas/regulace.htm

My question, before I buy the boiler: It is possible to control it over OTGW?
Thanks!

Attila
marcelr
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Immergas Victrix TT vs Opentherm

Post by marcelr »

My question, before I buy the boiler: It is possible to control it over OTGW?
The boiler instruction manual does not talk about opentherm as a possible communication protocol.
Immergas is not a member of the opentherm association.

So, control of Immergas boilers with OT devices is highly unlikely to succeed.
Which is too bad, because the low power rating in combination with the high range in its modulation level make it a very interesting device, especially for smaller, well isolated homes.

grtz,

marcelr
attila0325
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by attila0325 »

Yes, the parameters are perfect for me, the mnimum heating capacity / modulation level is the best for the house, and this boiler has no Giannoni heat exchanger,
this one use block burner, Bekaert heat exchanger from AlMgSi.
20 cm graphite EPS isolation on 30 cm Ytong wall, 3 layer windows with 110 mm profile thickness (of course wood windows), Zehnder comfoair central ventillation, 30 cm cellulose on the ceiling.

The Czeh site write the Opentherm thing with the Immergas Controllers. It would be great simply listen the communication in an existing system with an opentherm listener between boiler and controller.
I hope, I find some useful information somewhere.
attila0325
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by attila0325 »

I found some News.
In the official Immergas price list shown the Amico V2 controller as opentherm compatible device.
I think it means, that the boiler use also the opentherm protocol, but it is not marked on the boiler because of Immergas is not a member of opentherm association.

I found one another producer of the controller. It has no Immergas logo, its name is Alpha heating solution or something.
Here are the product link. Totally the same design, with same functions, same wiring, just the immergas logo missing.

alpha-innovation.co.uk/products/Accesso ... /892809507

The another controller from Immergas, the Arc Uni is marked as OpenTherm device, it is sure.

Return to “Opentherm Gateway Forum”