OTGW in conjunction with Remeha Gateway

This Forum is about the Opentherm gateway (OTGW) from Schelte

Moderator: hvxl

jake3317
Starting Member
Starting Member

OTGW in conjunction with Remeha Gateway

Post by jake3317 »

Due to my solar boiler, (Remeha Zenta) the installer installed a Remeha Gateway as well. This because my Remeha Quinta 28C can't communicate with the boiler. The Remeha Gateway has a temperature sensor, conntected to the solar boiler and it also in the loop of the water flow detection sensor. As soon as the temperature of the solar boiler is above the minimum hot water temperature, it cuts the connection of the water flow sensor. This way the Quinta won't even know that hot water is demanded and won't fire up for no reason.

Long story short, can I use the OTGW in between the iSense V19 and the Remeha Gateway?
raymonvdm

Re: OTGW in conjunction with Remeha Gateway

Post by raymonvdm »

I think you can if it uses the OpenTherm protocol but when i read the following link it looks like it already has an RS232 interface :?:

http://www.nerdclub.nl/remeha_gateway/
Running HS3PRO on PC with Z-Wave / OpenTherm / Plugwise / RFXcom / MQTT / XAP400 / Logitech Media Server and Squeezelite on PI`s
jake3317
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by jake3317 »

raymonvdm wrote:I think you can if it uses the OpenTherm protocol but when i read the following link it looks like it already has an RS232 interface :?:

http://www.nerdclub.nl/remeha_gateway/
Thanks for this link, however my target is to connect the heating system to Domoticz, a home automation program that runs on a Raspberry Pi. The OpenTherm Gateway should also be connected to the RPI, I just wonder if 2 gateways will work.

Could it be that the Remeha Gatewy is not OpenTherm, although the thermostat (iSense) and boiler are?
hvxl

Post by hvxl »

Yes, it is possible to have multiple gateways in an OpenTherm connection. Each gateway adds some delay, so there is a limit to the number of gateways you can put in series. But 2 should not be a problem.
Schelte
yjb

Post by yjb »

Hi,

I have used the Remeha Gateway in the past together with the OTGW. That was working fine, but I do not have a solar boiler nor a water flow sensor connected at that time.

Setup:
Quinta 35C - Remeha Gateway - OTGW - Celcia 20

I remember having a conversation of implementing the thermostat schedule programming (normally done through the Remeha Gateway serial interface) supported by OTGW but that turned out to be too complicated.

Regards,
Ysbrand
jake3317
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by jake3317 »

Well, I am planning to give it a try. Any idea why the order time at the website > 2 weeks? It doesn't say a 'before' or 'within' then and then.
jake3317
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by jake3317 »

I bought a set from a forum member.
jake3317
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by jake3317 »

To finish my own quesion in the OP, the Remeha Gateway is transparent and can be used in conjunction with the OTGW. OTMonitor shows the Solar Storage Temperature on ID=29

Verstuurd vanaf mijn K00C met Tapatalk

Return to “Opentherm Gateway Forum”