Remeha Tzerra, Etwist, OTGW, ESP12 (esp8266)

This Forum is about the Opentherm gateway (OTGW) from Schelte

Moderator: hvxl

wkloppen
Starting Member
Starting Member

Remeha Tzerra, Etwist, OTGW, ESP12 (esp8266)

Post by wkloppen »

Hello gents, (assuming you are all men),

I've got my Remeha Tzerra togehter with eTwist thermostat for about a month and shortly after the installation I built the OTGW with a wifi bridge with ESP-LINK software. All working reasonably fine although I had to set the VR to 1 in order to get almost NO error messages. I'm gonna replace the the transformer for a heavier one and the 7805 for DC/DC converter as I've read this on multiple threads.

My question is about the eTwist thermostat which to my opinion does not talk open therm. It's connected to a seperate PCB in the connectionbox of the CV next to the OT terminal. (see pic).
This gateway translates the communication from the eTwist to OT I assume.
The problem is the thermostat does not see or get or displays the temp when I submit a TT command from domoticz. The OTGW receives the signal but the thermostat does not display it.

Do I need to buy another thermostat which talks OT directly to the PCB of the CV or has the eTwist a setting like the Isense which I need to set to allow for an external command (override allowed).

Thx in advance
photo65853222177321784.jpg
photo65853222177321784.jpg (117.39 KiB) Viewed 4494 times
photo65853222177321789 (1).jpg
photo65853222177321789 (1).jpg (128.97 KiB) Viewed 4494 times
Platform: Raspberry PI 3 with Domoticz, Connected devices: Open Therm Gateway with ESP-12 wifi-bridge
hvxl

Re: Remeha Tzerra, Etwist, OTGW, ESP12 (esp8266)

Post by hvxl »

Many thermostats don't support remote setpoint overwrite. Check the logs if you ever see MsgID 9. If not, the TT and TC commands will not have any effect. And even if MsgID 9 appears it's not certain yet. But then deeper analysis of a some minutes of logs around one of those commands would be necessary to be sure.
Schelte
wkloppen
Starting Member
Starting Member

Re: Remeha Tzerra, Etwist, OTGW, ESP12 (esp8266)

Post by wkloppen »

hvxl wrote:Many thermostats don't support remote setpoint overwrite. Check the logs if you ever see MsgID 9. If not, the TT and TC commands will not have any effect. And even if MsgID 9 appears it's not certain yet. But then deeper analysis of a some minutes of logs around one of those commands would be necessary to be sure.
tHX Schelte...appreciate your expertise answer. I'll leave it for now as I'm more then happy with the inforomation I can see from the CV. I could buy an Isense thermo which is sure to work but then again...whats the advantage? I can set the temp with the remeha app already.

regards

willem
Platform: Raspberry PI 3 with Domoticz, Connected devices: Open Therm Gateway with ESP-12 wifi-bridge

Return to “Opentherm Gateway Forum”