NOOB question? How to connect the wires?

This Forum is about the Opentherm gateway (OTGW) from Schelte

Moderator: hvxl

najtram
Starting Member
Starting Member

NOOB question? How to connect the wires?

Post by najtram »

I've received a Opentherm gateway for fathersday! Yeah! :D Bad thing is I tried to connect it through the most logic way but that did not work. Could someone help me out where to find wiring manual? :roll:

I've got an iSense Thermostat (v28) and a Remeha Tzerra.

:!: iSense Termostat:
[OT1][OT2][DIGI3][DIGI4] (currently to Tzerra connected: Red on [OT1] and Blue on [OT2])

:!: OpenTherm gateway:
[Termostat1][Termostat2][Boiler1][Boiler2] (according to http://otgw.tclcode.com/worksheet.png)

Thanks in advance for your help!
hvxl

Re: NOOB question? How to connect the wires?

Post by hvxl »

The most logic way to connect the OTGW is the correct way. :wink:

To help you solve your problem, you have to provide more detailed information than "I tried to connect it through the most logic way" and "that did not work". Otherwise I can only suggest you follow the troubleshooting instructions.
Schelte
najtram
Starting Member
Starting Member

Re: NOOB question? How to connect the wires?

Post by najtram »

Thanks hvlx, I tried to provide more info in my first post. Maybe it was not clear enough.

I managed to get it working, while giving the OTGW a permanent place it did reconnect the wires (the same way as before) with the result that it did work now. (I think the USB didn't connect correctly before).

So happy dance! :lol:

Next step was to let the Remeha iSense know it could be controlled by the OTGW, information was a bit hard to find, so for other people I'll qoute it here..

In Dutch, source homewizard kb site:
Van Remeha iSense en qSense thermostaten is bekend dat deze er 'van buiten' hetzelfde uitzien, maar dat er veel verschillende software versies in omloop zijn. Nieuwere versies ondersteunen override. Oudere niet en op sommige versies is bekend dat de 'override' functie eerst handmatig ingeschakeld moet worden door de gebruiker. Dit kan op de volgende manier:

Ga in het menu van de thermostaat naar 'Gebruikers > Gebruikersprofiel' en zet deze op 'Uitgebreid' (of 'Geavanceerd')
Ga vanuit het hoofdmenu naar 'Installateur > Externe toegang' en zet deze mogelijkheid op 'aan' (of 'Toegestaan').

This is the way I connected it and how i tried to explain it in the startpost (see :!: points in original post):

Code: Select all

iSense                 OTGW                   Central Heating
[    OT1   ]<---new--->[Termostat1]     
[    OT2   ]<---new--->[Termostat2]
                       [  Boiler1 ]<--------->[RED]			
                       [  Boiler2 ]<--------->[BLUE]
[   DIGI3  ]	
[   DIGI4  ]	

Return to “Opentherm Gateway Forum”