OTGW and Orange Pi Zero one device.

This Forum is about the Opentherm gateway (OTG) from Schelte

Moderator: hvxl

Re: OTGW and Orange Pi Zero one device.

Postby paulockenden » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:44 am

I shouldn't have used port 8080. There's a remote access port listed in the OTGW config screens.

I've now disabled it though because I read some posts about Domoticz killing OTGW by bombarding it with requests. I don't want that to happen here.

P.
paulockenden
Starting Member
Starting Member

Postby Bororo » Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:27 pm

hi cyril, i'm using otgw+opi0 several months and i'm very happy with performance.
the only compliant is about otmonitor which hangs frequently and I cannot make it working until I reboot whole device.
is there any way (on armbian) how to monitor otmonitor-ahf and restart it when it stops working?

another issue i have is SSH related - my connection to armbian keeps dropping all the time. sometimes every 3-6 sec. i'm geting message: PuTTy Fatal error: Network error: Software caused connection error. anybody with same issue? is it necessary do make any special tweak on ssh connection?
Bororo
Starting Member
Starting Member

Postby cyril » Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:16 pm

To check otmonitor is working you can periodically run script like this:
#!/bin/sh
TEST_LOG="$(($(date +%s) - $(date -r /etc/otmonitor/otlog.txt +%s)))"
if [ "$TEST_LOG" -lt 300 ]; then
logger "LOG OK"
else
logger "LOG IS DEAD"
reboot && exit
fi
It reboots OPI if otmonitor log is not changing longer 300 seconds.
About ssh access: I guess you use wireless connection to OPI, because I never faicing with loss connection with OPI. Problem is "Onboard wireless module (XR819) has poor software support so wireless connection issues are expected" (https://www.armbian.com/orange-pi-zero/#kernels-archive) If you want to use wireless, you can download old Armbian image, which has good support of wireless.
cyril
Starting Member
Starting Member

Previous

Return to Opentherm Gateway Forum