New Commands: SH2, CS2, CH2

This Forum is about the Opentherm gateway (OTG) from Schelte

Moderator: hvxl

New Commands: SH2, CS2, CH2

Postby rpav » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:31 am

Hi,
I believe there are a lot of boilers with two (relatively independent) heating circuits. Unfortunately, current version of OTmonitor can't control the second circuit behaviour, however it can show the sate of it properly.
We, the users of dual circuit boilers, will very appreciate if OTmonitor has three new commands:

SH2=temperature
Setpoint for Second Heating Circuit - Set the maximum heating setpoint for 2 circuit. This command is only available with boilers that support this function.
Examples: SH2=72.5, SH2=+20

CS2=temperature
Control Setpoint for Second Heating Circuit - Manipulate the control setpoint of 2 circuit being sent to the boiler. Set to 0 to pass along the value specified by the thermostat.
Example: CS2=45.8, CS2=0

CH2=state
Second Central Heating - Control the second CH enable status bit when overriding the control setpoint. By default the CH2 enable bit is set after a CS2 command with a value other than 0. With the CH2=0 and CH2=1 commands, the bit can be manipulated.
Example: CH2=0, CH2=1

I believe it couldn't be so difficult because all of them are variant of existing commands, that are already in the code.
Unfortunately, I have absolutely no experience of TCL. :( I'm sure I will spend a tons of hours to find the right pieces of code and to modify it to implement commands described.
Schelte, please, will you have time to make a patch that implements it? Please...

Thank you,
Roman
rpav
Starting Member
Starting Member

Re: New Commands: SH2, CS2, CH2

Postby rpav » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:41 am

Unfortunately, implementing new commands means to modify OTGW, firmware for PIC :oops:

Now I know it is not as easy as I thought. :(

But implementing it, will be still very appreciated :)

Revision of new command proposal:
S2=temperature
Setpoint for Second Heating Circuit - Set the maximum heating setpoint for 2 circuit. This command is only available with boilers that support this function.
Examples: S2=72.5, S2=+20

C2=temperature
Control Setpoint for Second Heating Circuit - Manipulate the control setpoint of 2 circuit being sent to the boiler. Set to 0 to pass along the value specified by the thermostat.
Example: C2=45.8, C2=0

H2=state
Second Central Heating - Control the second CH enable status bit when overriding the control setpoint. By default the H2 enable bit is set after a C2 command with a value other than 0. With the H2=0 and H2=1 commands, the bit can be manipulated.
Example: H2=0, H2=1
rpav
Starting Member
Starting Member

Postby rpav » Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:02 pm

Schelte,
is there any chance you will think about implementing these new commands?
Since the code is in assembler, there is not many people which are able to do it quickly.
Thank you for your answer,

Roman
rpav
Starting Member
Starting Member

Postby hvxl » Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:33 pm

Oh I thought about it when you brought it up in January. But there's no way it'll fit in the PIC without removing some other features. So, whoever wants to have this will have to decide which existing functionality they can live without, rip that out and add this in its place. I can't do that, because there will always be people using those features.
Schelte
hvxl

Postby rpav » Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:33 am

Thank you very much for the answer.

How big the problem with memory availability is?
Is it possible to implement at least C2(control setpoint) and H2 (enable status)?

If not, what about GB=5. GB=6 and SB (GPIO funtions HOME, AWAY and SetBack temp) commands? Should those be the candidates for substitution? What is the typical user story that use it?

Thank you,
Roman
rpav
Starting Member
Starting Member

Return to Opentherm Gateway Forum